Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need to restore Verizon Stock Bloatware

So being the dumbass that I am I went ahead and deleted all of Verizon's stock bloatware except for "Mobile Hotspot, My Verizon Mobile, and Voicemail" using Titanium Backup. Could anyone tell me where I can find the apk's of Verizon's stock bloatware, or could someone even upload the files from their phone for me to download them so I can restore them. Thanks

Default Re: Need to restore Verizon Stock Bloatware

You're better off just flashing the stock build with Odin.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1762709

Use section 6.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is there a way for me to back up everything I have on the phone now, flash the stock rom, and then restore my old files such as music, apps, pictures, and stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by connerflnn View Post
    Is there a way for me to back up everything I have on the phone now, flash the stock rom, and then restore my old files such as music, apps, pictures, and stuff like that
    Titanium backup for apps and app data. A factory reset won't affect your music or pictures.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neverender326 View Post
    Titanium backup for apps and app data. A factory reset won't affect your music or pictures.
    This. Although you will lose anything on your internal memory. I suggest you Instant Upload sync all your photos/videos to Google+.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
    Thanked by:

I think this thread bears asking the question, "why do you need to restore it?".

I realize you may have a legitimate reason, but there's also a good chance that there's an easier way to accomplish whatever it is you're trying to do?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well Verizon put out an update a couple weeks ago, just a minor update not sure what for, but it won't update, I looked up the error it was giving me and found that I need to reload the bloatware

Well Verizon put out an update a couple weeks ago, just a minor update not sure what for, but it won't update, I looked up the error it was giving me and found that I need to reload the bloatware
    Why would you want to update to the new firmware? Biggest differences with these releases are the new radios which can be flashed without having to worry about OTA updates. The minor bug fixes usually are no issue if you flash a custom ROM such as Synergy or CleanROM if you like TouchWiz.

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Why would you want to update to the new firmware? Biggest differences with these releases are the new radios which can be flashed without having to worry about OTA updates. The minor bug fixes usually are no issue if you flash a custom ROM such as Synergy or CleanROM if you like TouchWiz.
    Once you root -- do NOT install "official" updates!!!
    Thanked by: