Not able to unlock the Verizon galaxy S3 using ezunlock 1.4 after rooting the phone successfully

eyar

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon samsung galaxy s3 (sch-I535) which i am looking to unlock it. I was able to root the phone successfully and after that when i am using the vzunlock 1.4 utility to unlock the phone its saying unlocked and device status is unknown, i have tried googling on it and found version 1.2 works fine as 1.4 has issues. but i am not able to find or download that version can some one please lemme know where i can download the older version or if they can attach it here it would be gr8.

Also will i be able to use the phone outside US on local carriers without actually having the phone unlocked.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have Verizon samsung galaxy s3 (sch-I535) which i am looking to unlock it. I was able to root the phone successfully and after that when i am using the vzunlock 1.4 utility to unlock the phone its saying unlocked and device status is unknown, i have tried googling on it and found version 1.2 works fine as 1.4 has issues. but i am not able to find or download that version can some one please lemme know where i can download the older version or if they can attach it here it would be gr8.

Also will i be able to use the phone outside US on local carriers without actually having the phone unlocked.

Just so we're clear, this "unlock" tool is for unlocking the bootloader, it doesn't unlock the phone's carrier status (or whatever that's called) to allow you to use it on other networks.

I have no idea how that all works, and perhaps the info linked to in the post quoted below can help answer those questions, but just know that the unlock tool you refer to is only referring to unlocking the bootloader for loading custom software.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=195293
Global Phone?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=195293 Global Phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

linda badinger

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I tried the ez unlock and it said I have to be rooted first. Any easy roots for JB verizon gs3? Or does the purchasing unlock code method work? Thanks for the help:)