Data connection

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Off and on my data connection just drops out, is there a hack to fix that? Its especially bad if it finds a WiFi connection, as if it's forcing me to use WiFi instead of ota.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Off and on my data connection just drops out, is there a hack to fix that? Its especially bad if it finds a WiFi connection, as if it's forcing me to use WiFi instead of ota.

Are you stock, stock rooted, running custom ROM? Did you flash different radios than ones on your phone? Whats your baseband version. Information like that will help us.

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, rooted clean Rom 2.5 unlocked kernel. Baseband vrlg1. I've tried to flash radios but I'm getting a failed message.

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I encountered the same issue when I was running CleanRom 2.1 a few weeks ago. To remedy the issue I'd toggle data in setting off then back on but it never was a permanent fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I encountered the same issue when I was running CleanRom 2.1 a few weeks ago. To remedy the issue I'd toggle data in setting off then back on but it never was a permanent fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I just went to 2.5 from 2.1 last night and it seems about the same but I haven't been around a WiFi connection yet.

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Try flashing the radio with ODIN. If you got the zips from my posts in the sticky then those are ODIN flashable only.

I got them from rootzwiki, they had Odin and recovery flashable files. I might try Odin when I get home this weekend.

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a shot when I get home, I haven't been home in 6 weeks or so and haven't been near a computer that I can download files to or I'd have tried it already.

Has a new radio fixed the data issue for anyone else?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this very issue with am earlier build of CleanROM. I simply restored back to stock/rooted and the problem disappeared. It's a shame, CleanROM is great when it wants to be but seems far to buggy even now.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a shot when I get home, I haven't been home in 6 weeks or so and haven't been near a computer that I can download files to or I'd have tried it already.

Has a new radio fixed the data issue for anyone else?

I have had updated radios since they have been released for flashing with ODIN whether it be G1 or G7 and CleanROM or any ROM for that matter hasn't given me an issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I had this very issue with am earlier build of CleanROM. I simply restored back to stock/rooted and the problem disappeared. It's a shame, CleanROM is great when it wants to be but seems far to buggy even now.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

I had the same issue stock, I actually went to cleanrom in an effort to fix it. So far the 2.5 build seems to be working well, and I think killing the WiFi notification seems to have helped.

I flashed the hd radio using Odin today but I haven't been anywhere that I've had signal issues before to check it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I'll report back if it seems to have fixed it.

chevota84

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
The reception is better all around with the hd radio but it's still randomly dropping out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995