Updated Stock ROM for s3

dukesilver

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
Does anyone know where I can get the newest stock ROM for my Galaxy S3? I have Verizon.
I've looked at the threads that deal with this and they all seem outdated and some of the links don't even work.
Is it OK to be an older Stock ROM on my phone? I just want to be careful before I do anything.
Thanks!

dukesilver

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The download you provided is for a unlocked bootloader. Where are the stock roms for locked bootloaders? And also this won't work with Odin since it's not a md5 file. I'm looking for just the straight up stock samsung ROM.

nickfmnorth

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
You can't put any roms with or without odin on verizon.You must unlock the bootloader first to do anything. As far as I know there are no known roms that can be put on verizon (stock or other) or you will just get the warning sign only and soft brick your device. There are a few roms that can be used without a locked bootlaoder , but not stock. Good Luck.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You can flash stock ROMs with Odin without an unlocked bootloader or being rooted, unfortunately for OP no such ROMs exist. Only options are to flash the stock first release build with Odin, rooted stock first release build with Odin (route66), root/unlock and flash Scott's rooted odex/deodex build of VRLHD, or take the VRLHE OTA and root with Debugs Root Tool (it works, I did it myself).

You can flash the latest modem by itself with Odin, but I don't know why you'd want to run the latest modem with a dated build.

Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007