question on CWM

nybaseball21

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
using the ez revocery app and flashing cwm 6.0.1.0 and i go to reboot system it says "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. Fix?"

Yes - Disable recovery flash. do i click yes?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Its just warning you that the system may boot up the regular recovery that came with the phone stock.

You want the custom CWM so youre going to want to make sure the stock one dosent apppear on reboot so thats basicay what its asking you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
TWRP is starting to become the way to go with Recovery versions. CWM is good, but TWRP has caused me less headaches in the past and is a lot easier to work.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I just tried out EZ recovery to reinstall CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2. Pretty nice!
The trick is to go to the CWM website and get the latest version of non-touch recovery for d2vzw, put in on your device, then manually select it from EZ Recovery.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I moved back to CWM from TWRP because TWRP does not seem to work well with Aroma.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just tried out EZ recovery to reinstall CWM Recovery 6.0.1.2. Pretty nice!
The trick is to go to the CWM website and get the latest version of non-touch recovery for d2vzw, put in on your device, then manually select it from EZ Recovery.

Also, for whatever it's worth, I moved back to CWM from TWRP because TWRP does not seem to work well with Aroma.

Worked perfectly fine for me when I flashed CleanROM and Beans multiple times.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Worked perfectly fine for me when I flashed CleanROM and Beans multiple times.
Hmmm... The latest version of TWRP failed rather miserably when I went to flash JusTunBean Gapps Aroma 3.2.2 the other day; I tried three times. After using EZ Recovery to go back to CWM, it worked flawlessly. I also found it fighting me on the backup rename screen. I think it has lots of potential and I much prefer the GooManager model, so I hope they get it hammered out soon.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... The latest version of TWRP failed rather miserably when I went to flash JusTunBean Gapps Aroma 3.2.2 the other day; I tried three times. After using EZ Recovery to go back to CWM, it worked flawlessly. I also found it fighting me on the backup rename screen. I think it has lots of potential and I much prefer the GooManager model, so I hope they get it hammered out soon.

Which TWRP did you use? 2.2.0 or 2.3 (whatever the newest release was)? Worked perfectly fine on 2.2.0 but never tried it on 2.3 since that recovery is optimized for Jelly Bean it might not work properly with Aroma so that might be your issue there.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It was the newer version, 2.3.1.0, I think. I was trying to install it on top of a Jelly Bean ROM (Paranoid Android), but no dice. The Aroma installer simply failed to start.
Now using CWM (Non-touch) 6.0.1.2 downloaded from the CWM site and it works fine.

Off topic: 1000th post. Woot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781