- 63 Posts
Wifi Tethering app!
Which wifi tethering app is everyone using? I tried Foxfi (with add-on) and Elixir2 without rooting, and they both only work some of the time. Most the time the computer can connect, but there is no data exchange.
After rooting, I've tried Wifi Tether (in the Google Play store, v3.2_beta2) and good ol' trusty Wireless Tether from the Thunderbolt days (android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting), but those don't even show up as wifi networks my computer can see. Anybody run into these problems/solve them successfully?
Edit: Got it working at least temporarily using Wifi Tether with root. The change necessary was set device profile to Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE). Strangely it does not work set to Samsung Galaxy S3. Hopefully this helps someone.
- 10-31-2012, 06:31 PM #2
- 916 Posts
Re: Wifi Tethering app!
FoxFi always works for me, but when I was using a Droid X2 I used whatever the devs cooked into the ROM. Eclipse came packaged with a nice built-in tether feature, in fact, Eclipse is now available for this device.
Sent From My Rooted/Modded SGSIII - If I've helped you please click 'Thanks'!
- 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM #3
- 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM #4
- By betachains in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 04-30-2012, 12:22 AM
- By Rikeroleg in forum Epic 4G Touch Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 23Last Post: 01-17-2012, 04:21 PM
- By tygardner in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2011, 11:11 PM
- By tucker301 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 08-30-2010, 10:12 PM
- By letsgoflyers81 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM