- 37 Posts
Can't root VZW GS3 on mac
So it appears that I have superuser installed on my phone. Does this mean I'm rooted? As I mention below, the rootchecker app is telling me I'm not rooted. Help!
Dumb newbie here apparently, but I can't figure out how to root my GS3 on my mac. I used the Casual application that I got from the guide, and it rebooted my phone a few times, but I don't have root, per the root checker app on my phone. The below is what the casual app did:
If I try to do it via another method I found in youtube that uses the terminal, should I first "unroot" with the Custom app? I don't want to end up bricking my phone because I've tried to do it twice. Any help is appreciated, guys! Feel really dumb- feel like this should be super easy...
- By Johnny_Mena in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
- By Johnny_Mena in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 0Last Post: 08-29-2012, 11:26 AM
- By Tone_Deaf2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 03-17-2012, 01:41 AM
- By nachocheez in forum Droid Charge Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:39 PM
- By aimzmarie in forum HTC Hero Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 05-12-2010, 03:18 AM