Constant overheating issue. Need some help.

Rflor31

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my S3 for about 4 months now and love the phone. I got rid of that TouchWiz junk and installed AOKP's JellyBean Rom. I am not running a custom Kernel and lately, albeit, a month, my phone has begun to overheat like crazy. This issue has lead to more problems, such as random reboots and just locking up. I play games like Subway Surfer, which really isn't all that intense on the phone, and yet after playing for over 10-15 minutes the phone gets hot and the game freezes, which either leads to me removing the battery or it just rebooting again. Now I have done a clean factory/data wipe as well as the cache and dalvik cache and reinstalled the ROM but the problem is still there. I figured since my processor is overclocked to 1.6Ghz stock I should bump it down to 1,5 but it still keeps happening. My buddy is running the same exact ROM on his Gnex and can play this game for hours on end without having the interruptions that I have on a daily basis. Could someone here maybe give me a little insight on why this may be happening and what I should do to remedy, or possible fix this issue.

Much thanks guys.

snork

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Try putting powersaving on? One of the features limits the max speed of the processor. Not that its a fix but it could help isolate whether the overheating is caused by the processor running at the max all the time as well as if the freezes and reboots are related to the overheating.

Bruce Lee1

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've found my S3 overheating constantly and my battery was draining much faster also. So I've read some place online that my sd card is corrupted or infected as a result it's constantly trying to access it and thus heat and battery drain. so I've removed my sd card and since than, I'm back to norm. Try it and let me know if this fix your problem also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci