(Solved) Emergency please help!

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
OK so i wanted to flash clean rom to my s3. I made a back up the stock system in twrp then we back in to recovery followed the appropriate steps and went to install the rom and realized that I put the unzipped folder of the rom on the sd card not the zip file! Im so stupid. I was being so careful and reading everything and I still screwed up. Now when i go to restore the back up is not there! I am afraid to hit reboot because my phone is probably bricked. right now my phone is in recovery twrp and connected to my computer. I have no access to the SD card. PLease help!!!

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Re: Emergency please help!

OK so i wanted to flash clean rom to my s3. I made a back up the stock system in twrp then we back in to recovery followed the appropriate steps and went to install the rom and realized that I put the unzipped folder of the rom on the sd card not the zip file! Im so stupid. I was being so careful and reading everything and I still screwed up. Now when i go to restore the back up is not there! I am afraid to hit reboot because my phone is probably bricked. right now my phone is in recovery twrp and connected to my computer. I have no access to the SD card. PLease help!!!
Wait if all you did was backup the system, what makes you think you bricked?

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

I cant find the back up. Didnt it get wiped when I did a factory reset? No I didnt flash anything

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

nope the backup does nothing but what it says. If all you did is back it up, you will go right back to where you left off.

If you backed up and wiped, you will reboot and it will look like you jsut bought the phone

Neither will cause a brick by themselves

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

I did a back up from clockwork then went back and did the factory and data wipes then went to install the rom and realized in didnt put the zip but the unzipped file which it cant open. I just though that i completely wiped my phone of any operating system. If i hit reboot it will just be stock rooted?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

I did a back up from clockwork then went back and did the factory and data wipes then went to install the rom and realized in didnt put the zip but the unzipped file which it cant open. I just though that i completely wiped my phone of any operating system. If i hit reboot it will just be stock rooted?

If that's what you were running stock rooted yeah you should be fine.. only time you have a problem is if you have a custom rom and you do a factory reset from the stock recovery.
From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

When i go to reboot system it says no os installed! Im still in recovery. Is there anyway to mount my sd card to my computer and download the zip. I see unmount and mont options. i remember selecting no to stock recovery after the backup. Is that the problem?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

When i go to reboot system it says no os installed! Im still in recovery. Is there anyway to mount my sd card to my computer and download the zip. I see unmount and mont options. i remember selecting no to stock recovery after the backup. Is that the problem?

I don't have your phone I have a note 2. So ill do the best I can to help you. . There are a couple options here. 1. If you have a removable SD card you could use an adapter or another phone to put yhe rom on the card.
2. We could possibly see if we could push the file using adb commands.
3. use odin to flash and recover the phone. I don't know enough about the odin packages available but I'm sure there are options

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

ok i took my sd out put in my wifes phone and am loading it that way. I think that may work. As far as the other two options I have a mac so i doubt i can do those on here. Ill let you know what happens. fingers crossed...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Good luck. If that fails you could use heimdall instead of odin. Heimdall
Works with linux and mac

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Dude success! Oh thank god! I was on the brink there. Thanks so much for you help. you have yourself a Merry Christmas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz