Root problem. Please help

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So, I rooted my phone using RootDebugFS. The root went fine, SU was installed. Next I installed EZ Unlock and unlocked my bootloader. I then installed CWM and updated to the current (non touch) version. When all of that was done I booted into CWM to make sure I had root, and booted into CWM. I rebooted and downloaded Cyanogen Mod 10 from CWM. When the download was complete I let CWM begin the install.

I went to take a shower while it was installing and when i got back i had this message "Sytem software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found onyour phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."

Is there anything i can do besides go to verizon at this point?

Thanks,
Harreh

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So, I rooted my phone using RootDebugFS. The root went fine, SU was installed. Next I installed EZ Unlock and unlocked my bootloader. I then installed CWM and updated to the current (non touch) version. When all of that was done I booted into CWM to make sure I had root, and booted into CWM. I rebooted and downloaded Cyanogen Mod 10 from CWM. When the download was complete I let CWM begin the install.

I went to take a shower while it was installing and when i got back i had this message "Sytem software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found onyour phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help."

Is there anything i can do besides go to verizon at this point?

Thanks,
Harreh

My guess is your phone didn't actually unlock.....ez unlock has had some issues lately. It has happened to many people, you are fine I'm pretty sure but I'm not exactly sure what you need to do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to Odin your device, here's the stock rooted ICS build/instructions -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1756885

What do you mean you downloaded it through CWM? You should have grabbed the ROM from the official source, backed up your device, and wiped your data/cache/dalvik cache beforehand. Also the reason you got this issue is because you didn't properly unlock your bootloader. If EZ-Unlock says 'unknown' than go through the process at least 3 times before flashing anything.

Galaxy SIII - Thanks Appreciated!
My Podcast - http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
My Blog - https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blogspotURL=http://bearpastarocketpop.blogspot.com/

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link. But I can't get into odin mode because it boots right to that verizon message.

What I need to know is if there is any way to get around that verizon message so i can get to odin mode to flash my phone so i don't have to take the phone to verizon?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. But I can't get into odin mode because it boots right to that verizon message.

What I need to know is if there is any way to get around that verizon message so i can get to odin mode to flash my phone so i don't have to take the phone to verizon?

Power off the device (Hold power button down until it restarts, or remove battery), as the device boots back up hold "Vol down" + "Home" + "Power" until you get the warning message, then press Vol+

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I will give that a try when I get home tonight. I think I took the battery out and did that last night and it still booted to the verizon message, but I will try again before I take it to verizon. I have no clue what verizon will do, maybe flash it back to stock? Has anyone had to take a phone back when they have had the verizon message on it?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I will give that a try when I get home tonight. I think I took the battery out and did that last night and it still booted to the verizon message, but I will try again before I take it to verizon. I have no clue what verizon will do, maybe flash it back to stock? Has anyone had to take a phone back when they have had the verizon message on it?

I wouldn't take it to Verizon -- if you're getting that message, they'll know you attempted to install non-standard software, and thus your warranty voided.

You should be able to get to download mode to flash a stock image with ODIN...this isn't as uncommon an occurrence you may think.

Harreh

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I found this over at xda. Im going to try this when I get home.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762709

Section 5.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

jpent

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Although I do not have the Verizon message I am getting "unknown" when I check the status. Am I likely okay and should not worry about it.... or should I jump on this and redo this til I get it to no longer say unknown?

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC