Seriously Need Help!!! I Bricked my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.

jesus_the_wizard

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, here is the situation: I got my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) a few months ago. I was excited and liked it very much. Eventually, I heard about rooting. After doing a bunch of research, I rooted my phone. While experimenting with flashing my first ROM, I had soft-bricked my phone multiple times; I would boot up my phone and it would just take me to the screen notifying me to visit a verizon store. I fixed this by flashing the stock ROM through Odin. After a while, I successfully flashed CyanogenMod 10. Soon, I was bored and wanted a different, better ROM. I did lots of searching and found FoxHound Rising 1.6. After learning about it and reading lots of good reviews, I flashed it. Once I finished Aroma installer and my phone rebooted, it never came back on. I looked some things up and have discovered that I had foolishly flashed an international ROM, which is incompatible with my device. Since this is a VERY bad thing, I have tried almost everything. I've tried to turn it on normally, into recovery mode, download mode, and by taking out the battery (I've attempted each method a ridiculous amount of times). As far as I know, the only things left to do are visiting Verizon, spending $6.00 on a jig (that might not work) so that I can get into download mode to flash the stock ROM, or drop a whopping $60.00 for JTAG repair service. Since I am a rather inexperienced user, I call to you all for help. Does anyone have any other possible ways to even attempt to fix my phone, since I have voided my warranty and do not want to spend money on a jig? I am very scared and will not be surprised if nobody is aware of any answers, but thank you to anyone offering to help.

Last edited:

truthfamilyfaith

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Did the same thing bro. It's boned for sure. I just called Verizon and they over nighted a replacement phone, no charge. They never got ahold of me saying they found out my gs3 was rooted. I just told Verizon my phone got super hot and shut off than wouldn't turn it back on. Twas dishonest but worth it. Replacement phone is just fine. Gets a bit hotter than the other but over a month using it and no probs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

JKforUA

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did the same thing bro. It's boned for sure. I just called Verizon and they over nighted a replacement phone, no charge. They never got ahold of me saying they found out my gs3 was rooted. I just told Verizon my phone got super hot and shut off than wouldn't turn it back on. Twas dishonest but worth it. Replacement phone is just fine. Gets a bit hotter than the other but over a month using it and no probs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Did you have the warranty on the phone? I've hard bricked mine, too, but I didn't even bother with buying the warranty since I knew I was going to root it. Maybe I should have, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I have read where there are various possible ways to fix this without having to pay any money, but they all were over my head :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol