Quick dumb question- updating CWM Recovery to newest version

mrshickadance9

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Need to update CWM Recovery to the newest version (6.0.2.3). I'm currently running 6.0.1.0. What is the easiest way to do this? I downloaded Rom Manager- should I go to recovery > flash clockworkmod recovery > select my phone model?

I saw this: ClockworkMod Recovery - XDA-Developers - is this how I'm supposed to upgrade? Do I just flash the file in recovery?

Sorry for the dumb question!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way is to install and use E-Z Recovery to install CWM Recovery from here. Download the CWM Recovery file first to your SD card, don't use whatever EZ Recovery suggests as it is often outdated.

I highly recommend you remove ROM Manager from your device ASAP and before continuing with the above.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Easiest way is to install and use E-Z Recovery to install CWM Recovery from here. Download the CWM Recovery file first to your SD card, don't use whatever EZ Recovery suggests as it is often outdated.

I highly recommend you remove ROM Manager from your device ASAP and before continuing with the above.

I agree ROM Manager app is pretty useless, however it has always worked fine for me to update CWM...in fact that's the only reason I still have the app.

To the OP: That should work fine; however I'm at work at the moment with no signal and can't verify for sure.

EDIT: Yeah, it still works just fine. I do agree that using ROM Manager for any other purpose than to install CWM is not recommended.

Last edited: