How do you remove bloat?

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just rooted my GS3 on JB and I'm just wondering how you remove the bloatware from the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

droidfrk

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way is to flash a custom ROM. Clean ROM was a ROM which was stock/rooted but has all the boatware removed from it. I can't say that they have done a jelly bean version off the top of my head but would be easy enough to Google it. Its at least a good place to start. You could also use a launcher such as nova to hide the apps and then you wouldn't have to flash a custom ROM. Hope this helps!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Just rooted my GS3 on JB and I'm just wondering how you remove the bloatware from the phone.

There are several methods to do it -- probably the easiest is to install Titanium Backup app, then uninstall and/or "freeze" the bloatware apps from there.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link to clean roms.

Scott does a ton of good things and always keeps up with the latest stock experience without the bloat.

Go into the forums when you get there and find your device. I didn't look but I am sure there is a jb one.

www.scottsroms.com/content.php?

I do not recommend cm10. If you do not know, it is aosp(plain vanilla) Android with none of the stock features that you might like.

There is nothing wrong with cm itself, I just think it loses to many features.

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is the link to clean roms.

Scott does a ton of good things and always keeps up with the latest stock experience without the bloat.

Go into the forums when you get there and find your device. I didn't look but I am sure there is a jb one.

www.scottsroms.com/content.php?

I do not recommend cm10. If you do not know, it is aosp(plain vanilla) Android with none of the stock features that you might like.

There is nothing wrong with cm itself, I just think it loses to many features.

Do you/have you run this rom? Contemplating on flashing it today

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you/have you run this rom? Contemplating on flashing it today

Yeah I ran clean roms for awhile on several phones. Always good and stable. If you do find a hiccup, the dev is good about helping in his forum and on xda.

You are not gonna get the bells and whistles that other custom roms have, but that is the point of clean rom. Fast, lightweight, good battery.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Good call on the CleanROM....been using it all of 3 hours and I love it! the speed and smoothness of it all..plus no bloat is always nice! Just need to test the waters with the battery life. thanks guys! :D

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I mean I'm all for trying out custom roms and when the opportunity rises that I can flash a good rom that also eliminated all bloat, that's just a bonus :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21