Noob rooting question.

phoneguy32

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
what is the deal with the flash counter?

also i noticed that the link i posted was not for 4.1.1. anyone know a guide to use RootDebugFS for 4.1.1?

from what i read using RootDebugFS will now trip the flash counter.

there is way too much information and too many different guides. i dont know which to use.

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The post you listed has methods for rooting on ICS and Jelly Bean. You need to choose the method based on the version you have on your phone.

What version of android are you running? If you have the latest update to 4.1.1, then there is a mehtod specific to GS3's already running jelly bean. Rooting can possibly void your warranty. Make sure you select the correct method for the version you're running. Somebody else can talk about the flash counter, but I wouldn't make it your main concern. I would just assume that warranty support is gone going in. If you're not comfortable with that, you may want to reconsider.

Here are a couple of sites and videos I used to root my phone, which had the latest update to 4.1.1 and baseband i535vrblk3. Download everything you need, watch both videos before doing anything, and follow directions exactly. I say watch both, because there is at least one item mentioned in the 2nd that isn't included in the first. That is to select USB Debugging under developer options. The actual steps don't take long, but I really took my time. Maybe some others can comment on these, but they worked for me. People that have issues likely have missed some important item.

How To Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.1 & Install CWM Recovery ? Phone Rebel

How To Root Your Samsung Galaxy s3 - Verizon 4.1.1 - YouTube

Last edited:

SilentSassin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I hope someone can assist me here as I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff. So I followed the instructions to a T on how to root my T999 S3 running JB 4.1.1 based on this:
How to Root T-Mobile and Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr
The process went pretty smooth and I now have the superuser icon...but when I run Root Checker it tells me "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"
Not quite sure where I went wrong, hopefully someone has experienced this before and can share.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea I think your safe to go ahead root. Your flashing a rooted stock rom so it will overwrite your old one. I think you'll lose all your data this way through.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01