Cyanogenmod stuck in boot sequence...

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I am running Cyannogenmod 10.1 Nightly 3-5-2013 (the latest nightly paired with the experimental M release) I have SuperSU... doubt that would make any difference.

I was messing around with my phone and decided to try out the toolbox app that everyone just loves... I used it to change my font, it tells me to reboot my phone.... now I am stuck in the boot sequence....

Any help is appreciated. I need my phone with Cyanogenmod back up and running as soon as possible.

I will not be changing my font again :-/

Thanks,
Pistonsfan2726

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I can get into CWM. When reflashing do I need to wipe anything? When searching through CWM, I cannot find my current Nightly build that I have on my phone. I see an older Nightly that I have not deleted from my SD card. Should I just flash the older version or is there a way to reflash my current Nightly?

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and do a full wipe. The best way to get back into the phone is to wipe it. Just reflash the older one and then download the newer one and flash that one next. Sorry about having to lose your data :/

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
That is the least of concerns to me. As long as my phone is useable, I am happy. I appreciate your help!

So do a full wipe, reboot into CWM, flash the nightly I have then I shall be all good?

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
That is the least of concerns to me. As long as my phone is useable, I am happy. I appreciate your help!

So do a full wipe, reboot into CWM, flash the nightly I have then I shall be all good?
That should work, my friend. Although the wipe should be inside of CWM.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say just restore your nandroid backup. That would be an easy fix and hopefully not set you back too far.

For future reference, always perform a nandroid backup via recovery before installing a root app.

ciscruz007

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I was hoping someone could help me. I rooted my galaxy tab 2 10.1 p5113, copied a nightly to my external sd (cm-10-20121106-NIGHTLY-p5113), went into CWM and installed it. Now my tab is stuck in Cyanogenmod boot. I can still access CWM. What can I do to get my tab working again?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What can I do to get my tab working again?
Load a stable build rather than a nightly?

How did this post make it into the Samsung Galaxy S III -> Verizon -> Rooting forum? Doesn't the Galaxy Tab have its own forum?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
For future reference, always perform a nandroid backup via recovery before installing a root app.

Last weekend I decided to flash CM 10.2 and give AOSP another try.

After factory reset, 3 cache wipes, 3 dalvik wipes and flashing CM and Gapps, I had CM running but lost root. Numerous searches through AC and X-D gave me several fixes but none worked. No problem, I'll restore my nandroid. After booting into recovery and trying to restore my nandroid, the phone found no backups (there should have been at least 2).

Luckily I still had a rooted, deodexed stock ROM on my SD so I flashed that planning to root again. No need - the phone had root again so I reflashed CleanROM 7 and all is good.

Still don't know why the nondroids weren't read by the phone, I verified they were (and are) still there.

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my HTC Desire 816 using cm-11-20150102-NIGHTLY-a5. I cant do anything about it. cant access the bootloader, cant access the phone via Fastboot. cant access at all. The worst thing is I cant pull out the battery because its embedded to it. Please help.

Stephensen

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
am running cyanogen mod 9 on samsung infuse 4G. when i power it on it stucks on the cyanogen mod logo and wont boot...again i cant boot it into download mode,i have tried pressing and holding down both the volume keys and connecting the usb into the computer still nothing.please help me fix this is my last cell phone..thank you

NerdBoy2000

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi please help me , I have an htc desire 816 dual sim and I had cm 12.1 but I wanted cm 13 so I got it downloaded from grekers link I think and I flashed it and when it works and I choose the language for the first time the phone reboots and get stuck at the flashing cm logo , and if I try to reflash the cm12 again it does the same , please help me pleaseeee