Overclocking

iamme216

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So I tried to overclock my phone with the EZ Recovery app and I followed the instructions found here:

(Tutorial) How to Overclock Verizon Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S III (All Variants) - RootzWiki

But when I try this, my phone makes the noise as if it is coming on, but shows no picture and the LED keeps changing colors as it is coming on. This went on for about a good 10 minutes until I pulled out the battery and just flashed CWM recovery through odin, but the kernel didn't stick. Not sure if this is outdated, or if I'm just doing something wrong here.
My phone is rooted, stock rom 4.1.2. with all the VZW apps frozen. If anyone can help me overclock that would be great.
Thanks.

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing that your still on the stock kernel as well..? If so, you can't overclock/underclock unless you have a kernel that supports it. Stock Verizon kernels don't. I would highly recommend lean kernel. It give me great battery life and the ability to overclock/undervolt my processor at will.
You can find it here: [kernel][TW][MB1 v2.2, 4/7/13] Leankernel: Minimalistic Kernel - Verizon Galaxy S III Development - RootzWiki
As I understand it, you don't need to do a full wipe to flash a custom kernel. Though you will need custom recovery to flash it.
Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Beans build 15 via tapatalk 2