Unable to create TWRP Nandroid backup

TommyRox

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Using [SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 UNIFIED TOOLKIT V7.0]

I was successfully able to create a TWRP Nandroid to my external card before I updated to VRBMF1. I have removed and added back the backup folders, reinstalled USB drivers etc... It basically looks like the device is not found but I can use other functions of the Toolkit just fine.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...see attached.

TommyRox

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
While I haven't used the adb toolkit, my tools of choice have been TWRP, the terminal emulator, ES File Explorer, and also my computer via USB, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. You could use the terminal emulator or ES File Explorer to go and look at the permissions on the directories and files in the area where you're having problems, and fix things if you need to.

At any rate, I'm confused as to what your problem is? Your thread title is "Unable to create TWRP Nandroid backup', although you say "I was successfully able to create a TWRP Nandroid to my external card", so I'm wondering what your real bottom-line problem is? You're having problems putting the Nandroid backup that you created back on your external SD card? I'm wondering why you need to do that, since it should be where it was before when you updated to VRBMF1, since that process will not have touched your external SD card. It should be right where you created it on your external card, and even if you updated TWRP, TWRP will still see that Nandroid backup.

Can you please be more explicit about what problem you're trying to solve here? It just isn't clear what happened to the Nandroid backup that you created on your external SD card, and what's wrong at this point.

Thanks.