"Non Verizon SIM" when using a local SIM card

JC1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting this message when using local SIM cards in different countries. I've received the message on two different Verizon Galaxy S3s. Do I need to root the phone? What is the best set of instructions for Verizon Galaxy S3 using Jelly Bean? What would I have to do after rooting the phone?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Verizon uses the CDMA network which is only in the United States. Most... if not all other countries use GSM. Verizon phones are not compatible with the GSM network. AT&T and T-Mobile are. You can find out more by Googling GSM and CDMA.

I keep getting this message when using local SIM cards in different countries. I've received the message on two different Verizon Galaxy S3s. Do I need to root the phone? What is the best set of instructions for Verizon Galaxy S3 using Jelly Bean? What would I have to do after rooting the phone?

JC1

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a quad band World phone and is marketed as such by Verizon. It should work and Verizon Global Services department confirmed that. In fact it roams on GSM just fine. They just aren't able to troubleshoot local SIMs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois