Can't boot after installing [ROM][TW 4.3]VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex (12.31.13) (xda-developer)

bgbird

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Used this file
[ROM][TW 4.3]VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex (12.31.13) - xda-developers

was coming from CleanRom7
have TWRP V2.6.3.1
wiped cache, data, davik
installed VRUCML1_Stock_Root_Deodex (12.31.13 downloaded from the link. MD5 checked OK)
flashed ZIP - successful message recieved (noting that boot times would be 3-5 minutes)
system reboot took me back to recovery
tried to restart several times - always back to recovery

reflashed zip file again -

now won't do anything except stuck on Samsung Galaxy SIII banner

Did a factory reset -
reflashed cleanrom7 again - got good flash message
when I did the reboot, - it is still stuck on the Samsung Galaxy SIII banner

what is the recommendation?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
"flashed ZIP - successful message recieved (noting that boot times would be 3-5 minutes)"

Your time frame should be more like 3-15 minutes but you will likely get the best advice from the Dev at XDA. I think they even have a forum to handle it, just an idea. Hope you get it fixed.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the same ROM using the same version of TWRP, with no issues.

Did you wipe /system before you flashed it? If not, may want to give it another try that way.

I think it only took 5 minutes for the first boot.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you did the full default wipe ("full factory reset" wipe), the flash should work for you, the rest of the steps that you list sound fine. I've flashed this .zip file on my phone twice now, and it worked fine both times (once using TWRP 2.6, then updated TWRP to 2.6.3.1). If you had made a full nandroid backup of your CleanROM 7 image, restoring that also should have worked for you since you don't have to do a wipe for that, all the partitions are in the nandroid backup.

Once you get a working phone again, you might want to look into using the "Backup" button on your TWRP recovery to make a full nandroid backup that you can restore from. It's nice to have a working state to be able to go back to if things don't work right.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon