When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been fo

Are you able to give me instructions or link on how to apply stock firmware using ODIN?
A Google search will turn up much better instructions than I can provide, including screenshots, etc. You can even find steps in most of the rooting sub-forums.

Edit: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2955016

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

protenn69

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: When my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been fo

Quote Originally Posted by philrewa View Post
So I had the same issue and tried to tap buttons a couple time like someone above suggest but that did nothing. I simply pushed volume down, home and power at the same time. Then it asked a question and I chose to cancel, then it restarted and I hit volume down 2 times at the unlocked screen. I don't think the last step is necessary.....but thats what I did.

Thank you, this worked for me.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm while I'm waiting on my download...

I get the "System software not authorized by Verizon..." message and currently get around it by either not shutting down my phone or by shutting down, rebooting into Download Mode and cancelling out of the Download Mode option. I'd like to clean it up and start fresh so that I don't get that message anymore. I'm prepared to do the following because I think it will solve that issue but I figured I'd check here first to be sure. I plan to:

1. Unzip and use Odin to run ALL_I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_2198062_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5.7z
2. Reboot the phone and make sure all is well.
3. Run the Saferoot software to re-root the phone

Can I still unlock the bootloader with EZ-Unlock? The link for Saferoot says no but I thought I'd read otherwise since my bootloader is currently unlocked.

I believe what I cannot do is use EZ-Recovery to install a custom recovery, is that correct?

Thanks for clarification. :)

P.S. I already have a verfied Titanium backup and will restore (apps only, not data except for select apps) afterward.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Can I still unlock the bootloader with EZ-Unlock?
No. I don't know why you think the bootloader is unlocked, but if you loaded the full blown 4.3 at some point then you're stuck with the Knox bootloader limitations.
I believe what I cannot do is use EZ-Recovery to install a custom recovery, is that correct?
You cannot. But you can use Safestrap http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2605648 to load some kind of modified Recovery that allows you to load alternate ROMs of some sort (very limited from what I remember reading).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, it all worked as stated. As far as I can tell my bootloader is unlocked - I get an unlocked image when the phone boots up and the EZ-Unlock app states that it's unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

Ray G1

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Wow thank you sooooooooo much i thought is was screwed... You are amaizing

Tesla Techno

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

September 18, 2014.

It happened the same to me. I have a ATT GS4 i337 and trying to install CMW while reboot a message appeared: "System software not authorized by ATT has been found on your phone" . I thought that my phone got bricked completed but after reading some post and give some try, I could turn on the phone back. The solution was to "flash the phone with its stock firmware" using Odin. To enter in download mode, just keep pressing Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button until Download Mode appears and now you are free to use Odin again.

Aaron Yagle

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

so, I tried all of this and attempted to load a stock recovery/boot and it failed 4 times or so, I then pulled the battery to try over and now it won't boot at all, I have tried the "sd card trick" and a jig but it won't do anything... I do get the qualcomm modem when I plug it into the comp. I don't mind attempting jtag or whatever but I don't have the money to throw at a jtag box, is there a way to recover this phone MYSELF without buying a jtag box? I can't seem to find much info except what appear to be gimmicks and tricks which seem like the old alt+f4 kind of crap.. all of this bs boot security crap is just shameless spying in my opinion..

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
I don't mind attempting jtag or whatever but I don't have the money to throw at a jtag box, is there a way to recover this phone MYSELF without buying a jtag box?
Why do you have to do it YOURSELF? For ~$50 you can send it to an expert for JTAG. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/

Aaron Yagle

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

because I am capable of doing it.. and I don't care to ship it off for them to tell me that they can't fix it like I have seen in other threads regarding this issue.. the local repair shop in my area couldn't make any promises of fixing it either.. plus.. I don't have the money for it.. if I did, i could buy one with a smashed screen and a good esn and just switch out boards.... but.. I would like to attempt a recovery.. I just need more info and I can't seem to find it.. I guess I'll wait and see if someone comes up with something in the near future... .. Thanks for the shameless plug though.. :-\ :confused:
edit: Found a cheap $40 sch-i535 with bad screen on ebay and switched over the board.. no need for sending it off for $50 jtag anymore..

Last edited:

GiantNinja

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Holding the power, volume down, and home button down while starting let me restart my phone again. This only happened because I tried to do a software update, which was stupid... glad I didn't mess it up too bad... Thanks!

jeffh

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

So I had the same issue and tried to tap buttons a couple time like someone above suggest but that did nothing. I simply pushed volume down, home and power at the same time. Then it asked a question and I chose to cancel, then it restarted and I hit volume down 2 times at the unlocked screen. I don't think the last step is necessary.....but thats what I did.

This method worked for me. Thank you. I'm not sure the benefit I get from being rooted is worth the hassle when a software update fails. I'm going to attempt to unroot and see what happens.

briandoung567

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

You can fix it by holding down the power, home, and volume down button

milo williamson

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

I have downloaded the all_zip files, and still odin saids fail when its finished, am i doing something wrong?

Ricardo Hampsoni

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Randomly hitting the volume buttons does nothing. Vol Down + HOME button + Power is the one you need. This allows connection with Odin.

ODIN 3.10 fixed my issue with the verizon warning. I downloaded the "NI2" kernel and flashed it according to these instructions. Thanks to all for putting me on the right track!
I was panic'd for a moment there!

Edit: tried posting links, but it wouldn't let me.

. Once you have root, use ODIN to switch back to the NI2 kernel.

Goddy Kilo

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

method that works
i've a samsung galaxy s3(sch i535 verizon) i never knew this phone has a locked bootloader so i tried installing TWRP via TWRP manager and automatically after downloading the TWRP, it rebooted and shown ''System software not authorized by verizon has been found on your phone, please visit near verizon wireless.....................'' so was stuck untill i read some thread on Androidcentral and tried it...
method
1.Put your phone off
2.hold volume down,power and home button at the same time until you see the warning as if your going to download mode and release the buttons.
3.select cancel by pressing volume down and phone will go off,before it boots back to the ''system software not......'' press volume down twice.DONE
4.Enjoy

aghask1

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

A bunch of Thanks bro.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cody T1

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

I am having the same issue, but when the warning sign and "not authorized" message pops up and when i press the power button, the screen goes black, and the phone vibrates every couple of seconds. how can i get back to when my phone was still on? please help, i know nothing about phones...