Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tried to install CyanogenMod 10.2 and messed up my phone

I got the dreaded "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone" and don't know what to do. Can someone please help?

I had just finished backing things up and wiped all data using ClockworkMod Recovery. Once that was done I installed the CyanogenMod 10.2 file. When that was finished I installed Google Apps and then rebooted. When the phone started back up it went to that Verizon screen. I don't know if I missed a step or what, but now I can't get into recovery. I had not accepted the 4.3 update, so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Tried to install CyanogenMod 10.2 and messed up my phone

Did you unlock the bootloader?

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I thought it was unlocked, but am not sure.

Did you load a 10.2 stable build or a nightly?
    I usually also wipe /system if I'm switching ROMs.
    Plus, I gave up on CWM a long time ago; I had too many problems, so I switched to TWRP.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

ok, i have the same issue as the guy above. i dont think i unloccked my bootloader like a newb. my phone is stuck at system software not authorized blah blah. top left it says secure fail: kernal.

I tried this -> [GUIDE] Debrick your bricked s3! [BOOTLOADER/HARDBRICK] - xda-developers
    but it isnt working for me. He doesn't mention sd card size or speed, not sure if that is a factor.

Can you get to Download mode? If so, you should be able to flash stock firmware using Odin.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I used the stable build. I think it may have had something to do with me not wiping the cache first. But I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Yes, I was able to get into download mode. And thankfully I was able to get back to my original state by reinstalling the stock ROM, re-rooting, and then restoring my backup in CWM.