Tried to install CyanogenMod 10.2 and messed up my phone

crmass

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I got the dreaded "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone" and don't know what to do. Can someone please help?

I had just finished backing things up and wiped all data using ClockworkMod Recovery. Once that was done I installed the CyanogenMod 10.2 file. When that was finished I installed Google Apps and then rebooted. When the phone started back up it went to that Verizon screen. I don't know if I missed a step or what, but now I can't get into recovery. I had not accepted the 4.3 update, so I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you load a 10.2 stable build or a nightly?
I usually also wipe /system if I'm switching ROMs.
Plus, I gave up on CWM a long time ago; I had too many problems, so I switched to TWRP.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Can you get to Download mode? If so, you should be able to flash stock firmware using Odin.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

crmass

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I used the stable build. I think it may have had something to do with me not wiping the cache first. But I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Yes, I was able to get into download mode. And thankfully I was able to get back to my original state by reinstalling the stock ROM, re-rooting, and then restoring my backup in CWM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith