Help rooting android 4.3

Greg Speare

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi i just bought my Samsung Galaxy S3 today and one of my friends keeps telling me to root my phone but i have never done anything like this before, and i have no idea what im doing. ive been trying to look for stuff online but it all seems a little confusing so i was just seeing if there is any one that could help me, also i keep hearing about a boot loader not sure how to unlock that because i dont want to brick my new phone.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
If you just got the s3, you may be on an older android version which means you can still root. But before doing anything go to Settings, about phone and check the Android version you have installed. If it says 4.3, then you can root but can't unlock bootloader. Anything below that version can be unlocked and different rom installed. Let us know!

Posted via Android Central App

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Then you're only going to be able to root. I believe the link posted earlier can help you with that. Good luck

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can the phone still be unlocked if it is rooted?
If you mean 'unlocked so that you can use it on a different carrier' the answer is yes, sort of - you don't need to unlock it to use it on another carrier: set it to GSM, shut it down, put your SIM card in, power it up and configure your APN settings.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

dpbklyn

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am confused about the ability to install CM using SafeStrap on a Verizon S3 that took the OTA 4.3 update. Is it possible, or not?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I am confused about the ability to install CM using SafeStrap on a Verizon S3 that took the OTA 4.3 update. Is it possible, or not?

Seems you can only install a few (two) roms once you have 4.3 and neither is CM. I had flashed a rom by old&slow? but it was very buggy and just quit.

Sam Thompson1

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
i am new here and this was a while ago you posted this..but
how do i root my Galaxy s3 SCH i535? its on jelly bean. 4.3
I tried with saferoot..and it says your kernel is patched
this device is not supported?
im not sure what to do as im not the best with this stuff... but i cant seem to find anything
i just want to root it to be able to use some apps that require root

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I tried with saferoot..and it says your kernel is patched
this device is not supported?
This device is supported. You made sure you're using the current release of Saferoot?

Have you tried posting in their forum? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Have you messed with your firmware in the past?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc