Help with non-Touchwiz ROMs

TheCing

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, I've been looking literally everywhere for a solution to this issue, but I haven't found anything.

I have an i535 (obviously) running Hyperdrive RLS16 with both CWM and TWRP installed. Everything works fine, but I would really like to switch over to an AOSP ROM, namely Beanstalk. However, upon installing and flashing any AOSP ROM (I've tried AOKP, CM, and Beanstalk) I end up with no mobile network connection; in fact, my Mobile Network State shows up at disconnected. Searching Google leads to the issue of a missing IMEI, but mine shows up as it does on the inside of my phone, and not as 0, so I'm convinced that is not the issue.

Do I still need to back up my EFS? Or am I just missing something obvious? Help is greatly appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You should always keep a backup of /efs regardless of what you're doing.

You're saying that you have a cellular signal (you can make calls) but you don't have a Mobile data connection? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Have you looked at the APN settings?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

TheCing

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can make calls and send texts, but I have no internet connection without wifi enabled. My IMEI is correct and there and all, but my Mobile Network State reads disconnected. (?!) Also, my preferred network mode defaults to global, which allows me to make calls, but not access my APN's (the menu option is grayed out). Changing the PFN allows me to edit the APN's, but they are the default APN's which I already use.

I'm really at a loss for this one, and I'm tired of crappy Touchwiz ROMs.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What about a different SIM card? On Verizon phones the SIM is responsible for the LTE connection, so maybe something is messed up there.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

TheCing

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if that's the case or not, as it works perfectly on non AOSP ROMs, but I tried messing with the APN only to find I still can't even access the menu item. I'm convinced that has got something to do with the issue. Nothing I change allows me access.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
my preferred network mode defaults to global
I don't know how different the settings in these other ROMs are - there isn't an equivalent of Settings -> More settings -> Mobile networks -> Network mode
y5a4y4ap.jpg
that allows you to select LTE/CDMA?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463