SCH-I535 / supersu binaries / please advise

Shane Housman

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Out of nowhere my phone no longer has true root. I start investagating and supersu binaries need updated. Only problem is it fails everytime and it also encounters the knox sensor in which it fails to disable! Root checker says I have root, but apps like rom toolbox cant get root. Also no version of busybox will install and I cant uninstall supersu!! Ugh! Help the noob out please.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have 4.3, and used Saferoot to root the phone?
Not sure what you could have done to muck that up, but perhaps try running Saferoot again (I can't really say if this is the correct course of action because I didn't use Saferoot). Or perhaps just post over in the Saferoot forum on XDA?

Shane Housman

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
It was saferoot but i rooted a good while ago. I literally woke up to my gs3 being like this. I tried running the saferoot program again 3 times and nothing.

Shane Housman

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
When I click in it goes straight into the update binary popup . Then it fails to update, knox warning pops up, fails at that, then closes out kicking me out of the app. I recently downloaded the zip that chainfire claims needs to be flashed thru sd recovery, but the license verification fails and when finished with boot nothing is different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon