Galaxy S3 tried to downgrade to 4.3 and now phone is BRICKED!
Tried to downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3, because 4.4 is draining my battery.
Downloaded Odin, tried to install the PDA file for 4.3 and received a FAIL! notification. Now, my phone won't turn on and is stuck with the error:
'firmware upgrade encountered an issue please use software repair assistant and try again'.
Verizon can't help, Kies won't update device.
Followed instructions from here: How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy S3 (All Versions)(Video) | TheUnlockr
got the following message on Odin:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> COMBINATION_I535VRBLK3_I535VZWBLK3_381038_REV09_user_low_ship_NOWIPE_FIXED.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
- 07-13-2014, 08:46 AM #3
Re: Galaxy S3 tried to downgrade to 4.3 and now phone is BRICKED!
I had verizon S3 running 4.3 and upgraded to 4.4. After a week or so, I hated 4.4 and tried to downgrade to 4.3 using Odin. Mistake. That's when I got the error and phone will no longer turn on.
How I solved the issue :
Anytime I tried to flash 4.3, on Odin it would fail with the error aboot.mbn. After research, I found out that once you upgrade to 4.4, you can't downgrade. So to solve the issue, you have to flash to newest version of 4.4 in Odin and it'll work.
Make sure you be in download mode when flashing firmware.
- 07-13-2014, 07:01 PM #5
- By Kevin_STLTechTalk in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 09-18-2014, 10:04 AM
- By bassplayrguy in forum LG G3Replies: 56Last Post: 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:57 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:29 AM
- By Jude F in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)Replies: 0Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:22 AM