BRICKED samsung galaxy S3 mini SM-G730V (Verizon)

qu1nter

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I bricked my GF phone galaxy s3 mini SM-G730V. I messed up some how with ODIN trying to flash new firmware to the phone to try to fix a very slow phone. It is now saying "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please use software repair assistant and try again. I'm still able to connect the phone to ODIN and also enter download mode. I tried to redo the firmware though KIES but it won't accept my serial number/MEID in the firmware upgrade and initialization tool. What do I have to do to fix the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are my last hope.

Thank you for reading!!
Qu1nter

Sorry if I left out any needed info I'm new to this which is probably why my phone is now bricked.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I bricked my GF phone galaxy s3 mini SM-G730V. I messed up some how with ODIN trying to flash new firmware to the phone to try to fix a very slow phone. It is now saying "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please use software repair assistant and try again. I'm still able to connect the phone to ODIN and also enter download mode. I tried to redo the firmware though KIES but it won't accept my serial number/MEID in the firmware upgrade and initialization tool. What do I have to do to fix the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys are my last hope.

Thank you for reading!!
Qu1nter

Sorry if I left out any needed info I'm new to this which is probably why my phone is now bricked.

It seems like you soft bricked your phone and full recovery should be possible, however, I HIGHLY recommend that you ask your question at the XDA-Developers forum. Post your question under Galaxy S3 Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting. Someone there will help. You will have to register a new account if you are not already a member.

qu1nter

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for your reply I was able to find a working 4.2.2 rom and was able to bring the phone back to a working state. What I found was obtained through researching info on this site. Thank you for your reply and I will bookmark that website. Thanks again android central