How can I update Galaxy S3 Verizon on KitKat 4.4.2 to Lollipop 5.0 or above using Safestrap

Catechumen

Mar 26, 2017
Visit site
I know the bootloader is locked since KitKat. I have rooted my phone using KingoRoot. Is it possible to update to Lollipop using Safestrap since the bootloader cannot be unlocked?

If so, please provide the most detailed and accurate instructions on how to do so.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's not even helpful! You just made it harder to find! Why not just answer my question instead?

Your question was originally in a very general forum, which means it gets buried very quickly (due to the hundreds of new threads appearing every day), thus decreasing the chance that you'll get an answer. Chances are that the people who might be able to help you will spend more time in the Rooting forum for your phone. There's actually a specific Verizon S III forum, which is where I moved this thread to, because rooting methods for different carrier variants can differ (and some variants may not be rootable). If you'd prefer, I could move it to the generic Samsung S III Rooting forum.

I don't have a specific answer for you, which is why I didn't answer your question. As an Ambassador, moving threads to more appropriate subforums is one of the things I do to help optimize the forums.

I'll see if one of our Samsung experts, ironass, can lend a hand.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
The Verizon CDMA carrier minority model of the Galaxy S3, SGH-i535, received its last official update to Android 4.4.2, KitKat, nearly 3 years ago. Unfortunately, as is Verizon's want, they gave their model a mega locked down bootloader after the MF1 release on Android 4.1.2.

Probably the best known custom ROM for the SGH-i535 is the CyanogenMod CM12.1 Nightly based on Android 5.1.1, Lollipop.

Other custom ROMs are:-

Team OctOs Oct-L Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update For Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 via Mokee ROM – Tutorial

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Verizon CDMA carrier minority model of the Galaxy S3, SGH-i535, received its last official update to Android 4.4.2, KitKat, nearly 3 years ago. Unfortunately, as is Verizon's want, they gave their model a mega locked down bootloader after the MF1 release on Android 4.1.2.

Probably the best known custom ROM for the SGH-i535 is the CyanogenMod CM12.1 Nightly based on Android 5.1.1, Lollipop.

Other custom ROMs are:-

Team OctOs Oct-L Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535

Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Update For Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 via Mokee ROM – Tutorial

Oh, he's good.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87