[HACK] Remove WiFi reminder

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I should have had my glasses on this morning. I missed the * in front of the string. Got rid of it in the meantime with the anycut fix. Thanks.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I found this comment to the article about the nagging WiFi popup on Slashgear. This does not require root or any apps. It accesses the hidden menu via the phone dialer. I did this and no more pop-up.

To those who wish to remove the wifi popup, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYCUT!
simply open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK
done! :)
Awesome shortcut (I'm assuming this works) for anyone that doesnt want to install Anycut

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason the dial string didn't work for me, but anycut worked like a champ :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Still do not know/see the wifi reminder everybody is talking about. Three days with my phone and nothing.

Have you connected to a wifi network? The popup most are complaining about is when you open an app with wifi OFF and are in range of a remembered network. A couple seem to be getting no popup at all while the vast majority are constantly nagged by it.

asmallchild

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I found this comment to the article about the nagging WiFi popup on Slashgear. This does not require root or any apps. It accesses the hidden menu via the phone dialer. I did this and no more pop-up.

*#6335623#

press OK

Got it to work, thanks :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For some reason the dial string didn't work for me, but anycut worked like a champ :)

Are you on verizon? if so i doubt that the dial code works. Hence why i posted this thread in the version page. i don't think the dial er trick works on Verizon phones.

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you on verizon? if so i doubt that the dial code works. Hence why i posted this thread in the version page. i don't think the dial er trick works on Verizon phones.

Yes, didn't think of that. Thank you for clarifying.

lebox97

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I did the dial string referenced on both my 2 VERIZON siii's last week...
It worked great!
No more nagging Wifi messages... ;)

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site

Not sure why any other carrier users would want to know this hack/trick as I believe this wifi issue/annoyance is mainly on VZW S3's no?

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you connected to a wifi network? The popup most are complaining about is when you open an app with wifi OFF and are in range of a remembered network. A couple seem to be getting no popup at all while the vast majority are constantly nagged by it.
Does this only happen if wifi is left on? I have a tasker profile that would turn wifi off when out of range of my house so just curious.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Does this only happen if wifi is left on? I have a tasker profile that would turn wifi off when out of range of my house so just curious.

Only when wifi is off and you open a data intensive app. There's a separate one for when wifi is on but that one can be turned off.

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

*#6335623#

press OK

This worked for me on Verizon. I did a copy/paste from the forum to my dialer and it worked. I am rooted, not sure if that helped me... Thanks for sharing.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of the wifi reminder and wifi popup box using the instructions in the OP,actually saw the one on XDA first then saw this one.
I am going to install the wifi icon next.
:)

Do you have to be deoxed for the wifi toggles to work?
I am on stock rom just debloated with wifi reminder and wifi popup disabled only .

Last edited: