[HACK] Remove WiFi reminder

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of the wifi reminder and wifi popup box using the instructions in the OP,actually saw the one on XDA first then saw this one.
I am going to install the wifi icon next.
:)

Do you have to be deoxed for the wifi toggles to work?
I am on stock rom just debloated with wifi reminder and wifi popup disabled only .

If you're using just a stock rooted phone... Then use the regular "Wifi toggles. zip"... If you're using a zip aligned deoxed ROM, then use the ones labeled.." Beans"

For the blue colored toggles use the ones labeled "ICS blue"

Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I got the blue ones for the stock rom flashed.All is good ,the phone is looking more as it should have out of the box now.:)

sent by my Galaxy S3

er29100

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
So just to be clear (I'm an iPhone convert waiting for S3 delivery) #6335623# will get rid of the pop up. Is there another issue about the toggle that only rooting works on. Or is that not nearly as significant as the annoying pop-ups? Does it just continue to read "Ongoing Notification" without otherwise bothering you?

plkevlar

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Correct sir, just dial that number and select off and done. No more annoying wifi pop ups for you

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mooney1324

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they took this out as of the update that was pushed out today. I was able to get the *#5665623# dial to work, but I cant get it anymore. Anyone have any updates to this?

Mastaking

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
In addition to the removal of the wifi reminder, there is a mod to place the wifi toggle along with the other toggles in the notification pane:

Here is a screenshot of my Verizon GS3 with the wifi toggle in the proper place and no wifi nag in the notification pane:

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj350/dvdfan2k/Screenshot_2012-07-16-08-55-441.png

To get the wifi toggle go here:

WiFi toggle mod on xda

Just a heads up, this does not work with the new Jelly Bean release, thank g-d i did a nandroid before testing because I do not want to spend all night re-flashing.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have tried both the dial code and the Anycut method and neither seem to work. I am using a completely stock verizon s3. Anyone have any suggestions other than root?

The dial code didn't work at all, and the Anycut method got me to the menu, and I checked to turn it off, then clicked the save button or whatever it was. When I got back to the home screen and checked my notifications it was still there. I power cycled the phone and the notification was still there again. Did I do something wrong?

ETA: Is this still a problem in JB as well?

Supreme_ruler25

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Here's a easy way without root. Just go to Settings, Go into wifi where you go to select one, and a box should let you un-check to stop showing the wifi notification in the notification bar. THAT EASY!

Losingit

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched back to my Verizon GS3 after being on the DNA for a while. I have updated to JB and have rooted the device, for the life of me I can not get rid of this persistent wifi notification.

Have tried the SQL Lite method and the dialer code. Anything else I can try before I go shopping for a new ROM?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-18-10-15-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-18-10-15-38.png
    58 KB · Views: 25

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12