[HACK] Remove WiFi reminder

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This will remove that annoying little Wifi Reminder. I have tested this on my phone with 0 issues.

•You will need root
•You will a SQLite editor
Free SQ editor here: http://code.google.com/p/xdroidx/downloads/detail?name=SQLite Editor-9.apk

1.Open up SQLite...Open Settings Storage > db > secure
2.Search for “wifi_networks_available_notification_on” (different providers will be different line numbers)
3.Edit that record to read a value of 0 < (that's a ZERO)
4.Reboot your phone

How to remove WIFI Popup Notification:
Open anycut.

Click 'new shortcut'

Click 'activity'

Click 'HiddenMenuWifiOffload'

use new home screen shortcut to turn it off

Thanks to ExodusC and Jmorton10

Original Thread: [HACK] Remove WiFi reminder

I have attached anycut since it was removed from the market.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
In addition to the removal of the wifi reminder, there is a mod to place the wifi toggle along with the other toggles in the notification pane:

Here is a screenshot of my Verizon GS3 with the wifi toggle in the proper place and no wifi nag in the notification pane:

Screenshot_2012-07-16-08-55-441.png

To get the wifi toggle go here:

WiFi toggle mod on xda

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
This will remove that annoying little Wifi Reminder.

How to remove WIFI Popup Notification:
Open anycut.

Click 'new shortcut'

Click 'activity'

Click 'HiddenMenuWifiOffload'

use new home screen shortcut to turn it off

You can do this without root and get rid of the popup asking you to connect to wifi.

frankles42

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
You can do this without root and get rid of the popup asking you to connect to wifi.

you can get rid of the notification without root? is it the same method described here and it just doesnt actually require root or is it a different method?

does adding back the wifi toggle to its rightful place also require root?

these two things are probably my biggest gripes with the phone.

thanks

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
you can get rid of the notification without root? is it the same method described here and it just doesnt actually require root or is it a different method?

does adding back the wifi toggle to its rightful place also require root?

these two things are probably my biggest gripes with the phone.

thanks

You can remove the popup without root but the ongoing notification and replacing the wifi toggle will require root.

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
You can remove the popup without root but the ongoing notification and replacing the wifi toggle will require root.

The AnyCut/BetterCut instructions will get rid of the popup only. There has to be a way to to get rid of the notification without root - as my notification has been gone for 5-6 days now with several reboots and I have no idea how to root... but I have no idea how or what I did to get rid of it but it is gone! The wifi toggle will require root it seems.

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The AnyCut/BetterCut instructions will get rid of the popup only. There has to be a way to to get rid of the notification without root - as my notification has been gone for 5-6 days now with several reboots and I have no idea how to root... but I have no idea how or what I did to get rid of it but it is gone! The wifi toggle will require root it seems.
Maybe you are not connected to a known wifi. Well i mean not in range of a known wifi connection is what i should say.

strtgng

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you are not connected to a known wifi. Well i mean not in range of a known wifi connection is what i should say.

Nope - notification gone even at home with two different known wifi networks and outside of home with another known network. I know this because the notification was gone for days before I found the AnyCut trick to get rid of the annoying pop-up and kept getting the pop-up at home all the time. Now I have nether one and no root.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Both mods worked great.. Thanks. Got rid of the notification for Wifi, pop up for Wifi, added the Wifi to the toggles and did the mod to change the toggles and battery to the ICS blue :p

Reactions: Alfonsca

droidmike

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't know how I did it. I have no root access and just messed with the settings and I have to message on the notification bar nor any annoying pop ups. In the WiFi settings I unchecked the "notify me" settings and in the advanced settings I checked the "auto connect" I keep my WiFi on all he time and it does not diminish my battery one bit.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I found this comment to the article about the nagging WiFi popup on Slashgear. This does not require root or any apps. It accesses the hidden menu via the phone dialer. I did this and no more pop-up.

To those who wish to remove the wifi popup, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYCUT!
simply open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK
done! :)

Waipio11

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I found this comment to the article about the nagging WiFi popup on Slashgear. This does not require root or any apps. It accesses the hidden menu via the phone dialer. I did this and no more pop-up.

To those who wish to remove the wifi popup, NO NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANYCUT!
simply open the dialer and enter the following code:
*#6335623#

this will open "HiddenMenuWifiOffload" menu.
select "Disable WifiOffloading"
press OK
done! :)

"Welcome to Verizon. Your feature update cannot be completed."

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
"Welcome to Verizon. Your feature update cannot be completed."

Sorry it is not working for you. I just checked it again and it went to the menu and shows it still disabled. I have not had the popup since. I have no idea how to root or customize anything. Just straight out of the box with a few apps loaded. You are not pushing Send or any other keys? On mine, the instant I touch the last # key it goes to the menu.

anon(41665)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Sorry it is not working for you. I just checked it again and it went to the menu and shows it still disabled. I have not had the popup since. I have no idea how to root or customize anything. Just straight out of the box with a few apps loaded. You are not pushing Send or any other keys? On mine, the instant I touch the last # key it goes to the menu.

Worked fine for me. Just as described.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463