Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: [Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

I have rooted a couple of my previous smartphones (Fascinate, Thunderbolt), but I am repeatedly running into a problem while trying to root my S3. I have verified the installation of the Samsung drivers, but when I begin the rooting process, I constantly get, 'adb is not recognized as an internal or external command...' I have made sure that everything is properly checked on the phone, but every single root method I try results in this error message. Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: [Guide] Root/Unroot/Recovery/Unlock Bootloader for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

When I open up E-Z Unlock, the app freezes everytime. Any other ways around this?

I used the Casual tool on my Mac to try to root the phone, and my phone doesn't appear to be rooted (used root checker basic to confirm). Can anyone help with this? Please see the screenshot

Does anyone know what I should do about this?

Default Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i535)

unable to unlock bootloader of verizon sch-i535 .tried ez unlock app and says unlocked but when i insert a tmobile sim it says not a verizon sim.
    hope somebody can advise.

thanks!

Thanks for the great guide!

I used Method 2 and ran into a few problems that I thought I would share. First of all, the drivers did not install properly, I had to uninstall the Samsung drivers, make sure my phone was unplugged from PC, then install. Next, I used RootDebugFS, everything went swimmingly and according to the tool my phone had been given root access, however, no programs were run and I could not verify access, nor run EZ Unlocker. It would just freeze and I'd eventually have to force close it, I'm assuming because I had not received root access yet. (this may be @mfancy3's problem.) So instead, I started the process all over again, but this time used SuperSU RootDebugFS.

After running through the whole process again, things have been working like a charm. Currently using Titanium backup to keep all my goodies safe before flashing with ROMS and customizing. Thanks again!

Having a little issue.... rooted my phone last night using the second option and everything went smoothly, however after all said and done my phone updated to jellybean now I can't get into ez unlock it just freezes and the one time it did I tried to unlock it again and this time it said I unable are you rooted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Having a little issue.... rooted my phone last night using the second option and everything went smoothly, however after all said and done my phone updated to jellybean now I can't get into ez unlock it just freezes and the one time it did I tried to unlock it again and this time it said I unable are you rooted? Ez recovery won't restart into recovery either what do I do know? My phone is now vrablk something

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: [Guide] Root & Recovery for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-i53

question- what's the easiest way to update CWM Recovery?

THANK YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    * This works with all Current stock builds...VRALF2, VRALG1, VRALG7, VRALHD and VRALHE... However it does not work for VRBLI5 JellyBean.
    Mine says VRBLK3, think I will just do method 3.
    Thanked by:
    Dylan Tate likes this.

What are the benefits of unrooting my phone

Help please! I'm using method 3 and after all was said and done my phone is soft bricked. I can get into odin mode and the new recovery mode, but my phone won't restart. After the samsung logo it is stuck on a black screen with the flashing blue LED light.

Edit: Nvm I just flashed the stock ROM via odin, got stuck in a bootloop, turned my phone off, put it into recovery and did a factory reset. Now everything is ok.
    Last edited by Schiaboner; 01-10-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

That's the only link available at the moment... straight from xda. Make sure you're on the right page for the download and not on one of the advertisement downloads hosted by MegaShare.

Your screen should look like this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...1&d=1343238107

Here's the direct link from MegaShare: Cloud Storage From Just Cloud. Free Online Storage

Also.. the file 7z is an archive (compressed) file, like .ZIP or .RAR; with similar and in many cases better compression... you will need to extract it first with this program: 7-Zip
    all I see when i click the link to "mega Share" I end up looking at that dumb *** Cloud.. If i wanted a cloud, I'll ask for it. either way my hopes that I might finally be somewhere that the 7Zip wouldnt be in the way. sorry if i Seem disgruntled, and I am sure of what yer doing but the url's are all screwed up with junky 7Zip or a cloud amd the file is no where in sight.

hey i downloaded cm10 on clockwork mod as a rom and my phone says take it to verizon cand someone help

My phone was bricked and I did the unrooting process using Odin but when I reboot my phone it gets stuck on the 4G LTE start up screen. Is there anything I can do about this?
    Chris Krak likes this.

i forgot to enable usb debugging and now when i boot up my phone it says system software not authorized by verizon wireless. It also doesn't boot up past that. Is there any way to fix this.

was anyone successful in unlocking the phone while under the VRBLK3 version? thx!

ROM
    Axiom Patient Zero

Do both methods work for rooting the s3 despite my phone already being on android version jelly bean 4.1.1?

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Guys
    I think I messed up a little. While trying to root, I followed instructions on another thread which told me to use Odin and simply use PDA setting to upload this file - stock.vzw_root66
    Now, the phone boots up but is stuck with the blue LED and the colorful circles constantly showing but doesn't move ahead from there

What's the best way to get out of this? Should I simply follow method 3 from scratch?

Thanks

Figured it out.
    Last edited by QU3U3; 02-10-2013 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Figured it out.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

I have Verizon, and I ordered the Samsung Galaxy S3, and I should receive it this week. I currently have the iPhone 4 with the jailbreak running Cydia. I never rooted an android phone before. What would be the best successful instructions and method to root the S3? I also have a Windows desktop PC.

Thank you,

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

I could confirm that it's going to be delivered this Wednesday. I'm looking for experts (gurus) who knows about the S3 phones, and knows rooting inside out to be able to assist with my questions. I understand that none might be available now, so I'll be patient until someone is available.

Thank you again!

EDIT: Would this video be fine too follow? It's on YouTube, and here is the link:
    Last edited by php111; 02-11-2013 at 04:51 PM.
    Thanked by:
    33jassi likes this.

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

Latest build is on top of the list.
    maybe this is not the right spot but i've been 5 hours trying to get my GS3 working. i can not get past the warning msg and that dumb triangle with the "!" within.. i was just floating along trying roms and i saw somewhere a question saying "do you wanna go back to stock " so i locked the boot loader as that was the way it came to me.. i think VZW locks all their phones... at any rate now i am hung up i can pull the battery and try the 3 finger CWM and i get something in blue thenn i move finger off of power button and there comes that screen that wont let me go anywhere at all... am I bricked period or is there still hope... i'm ready for anything about now.. thought about tossin the damn thing over the bluff but theres to much money in it.. and the contract cost would eat me alive.. if theres help please help me..... I will appreciate it and vow never to lock my bootloader again... thx for any help..... tired now.. 4 am here,,, sub is a done deal so i can see updated post..

"My phone was bricked and I did the unrooting process using Odin but when I reboot my phone it gets stuck on the 4G LTE start up screen. Is there anything I can do about this?"

I had the same exact problem, what i did was found a different stock rom. i used this Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 Stock ROM from Official OTA/Kies Releases - Android ROM Update

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dave421 View Post
    Ok, so I used this a few weeks ago and everything has been running great but I can't figure out HOW to remove CWM. Searching google just gets me a ton of stuff on how to install it. If I use the stock image, will it erase it correctly? I forgot about it yesterday and tried to do the update which ended up failing and sending me to cwm recovery. I want to do the update and see if it improves my wifi or 4g performance before rooting again.
    try this it came to me directly from VZW tech >Tech Geek &bull; Restore your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 to Stock it will take ya all the way back.. keep it as it will alsoget you nto a recovery if ya brick the phone.. how do i know .. i bricked mine.. good luck >>follow directions exactly<< 20 minutes tops operation.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast