Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

cause I need room on my cell for work related apps and I have to do a lot of research on my sons ill ness. Im very sorry just tired and have never even herd of root till being on here asking bout up dateing and makeing more room on my phone

For what it's worth, I'd recommend sticking with the recommended method. Also, get Titanium Backup Pro (well worth the couple of bucks for the full build).

Rooted SGH-T999

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAngel69 View Post
    cause I need room on my cell for work related apps and I have to do a lot of research on my sons ill ness. Im very sorry just tired and have never even herd of root till being on here asking bout up dateing and makeing more room on my phone
    Maybe I'm just confused. Rooting isn't really going to give you anymore room or make it faster/more reliable over stock. Did you get the 16 or 32GB version? Also do you have an sdcard? You can already save any files, pictures, etc to the external sd card.

Default Re: root samsung prevail but not with odin is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAngel69 View Post
    Hi im in desperate need of help I use my phone on a 24/7 basis I cant download the apps I need for me and so I baught a 32GB SD and well I cant store nothing on it.... I need to root my phone but I truly cant afford $25, I have 3 kids on my own to take care of and and for certin health problems with my kids I need something dependable and faster please help....................... I hope someone cant help....
    Problem here is she asking asking for root on Samsung Prevail and not the sIII. These instructions to simple root is set up for the Verizon S3.

Maybe if things are really bad for her as she claims , we as a community could do a fundraiser and gather some funds together and get her additional memory cards for her phone.

I finally got my pc to connect with my phone I have a 32gb sd but I cant put nothing but pictures on it, It wont let me move nothing else from my phone to sd and my phone is only maybe 2gb i think and thanks acmxenon Its nice to see people do still care out there I just want to root my phone and go from there Im just wasent blessed to know all this stuff... So my phone is connect to pc now what?

If you have the Prevail, you'll probably want to look at their device specific forum here to see if there's anything. Not really too much here on android central about it but did find another link that discusses the . Looks like it may work without odin only if you haven't received the latest OTA. Beyond that I have no idea since I don't have a Prevail. Hopefully someone else with the device can be of more help.

As for root, still not 100% it's going to help. The low internal storage is still going to be a major problem. You should be able to move apps to the sd card in Android 2.2 without root but some apps tend to go wonky.

I have been reading Since 2am on here and you dont have to be mean ok If you dont wanna help thats fine just leave the site

Im trying but when it comes to the weird stuff u type... does that mean I type it and Then how do I get it to my phone... Thats whats comfuseing me I need to know what to type and how to get it on my phone and what if that helps lol Im really sorry

I cant move any apps to my sd

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    If you have the Prevail, you'll probably want to look at their device specific forum here to see if there's anything. Not really too much here on android central about it but did find another link that discusses the . Looks like it may work without odin only if you haven't received the latest OTA. Beyond that I have no idea since I don't have a Prevail. Hopefully someone else with the device can be of more help.

As for root, still not 100% it's going to help. The low internal storage is still going to be a major problem. You should be able to move apps to the sd card in Android 2.2 without root but some apps tend to go wonky.
    Deadlyangel, the problem is your post is in the wrong section asking for help. Maybe the help & how-to would be a good start to pick up your help needed.

Not that pjNC needs defending from me, but he can be of great help at times. Over on the VZW community boards, he has been a great asset over there as well.

To move files to your sdcard you may need a file manager do so, look in the play store for something like es file manager. If you like some additional help start a new thread in the correct forum and I will or anyone else will gladly help if we can?

I have additional link i can send you via pm if you would like it to help you out some!

how is my question wrong i posted what make and model of my phone I been watching and reading a lot on here and it seemed like I came here asking help not to be made as a dummy isent that what this sites for to get help.... I just need to know what would be good to to download so I can move apps to my sd card and what apps can help my performance so i can get my work apps downloaded half of the apps on my cell like plane wallpapers, Hooked 4 diffrent gps and navagations im sorry I couldnt explane myself better I have no clue what OTA , odin, root and all them outher frazes mean I looked a lot up on root and It says its a good app to help move and get rid of the apps I dont need

Definitely wasn't my intention for the post to come across as mean. Was just trying to point you in the right direction. You posted this thread in the hacks section for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3. The first link was to the specific section here for your phone as it's likely that very few if any in this particular thread are familiar with that device and the second was to another forum that seems to have more development geared toward the Prevail.

As mentioned, the problem is lack of internal space on the prevail. No need in rooting and risking the chance of a brick if it isn't going to help. Looking over on androidforums, it isn't as simple as just rooting and moving the apps to the sd card. 's a thread with someone who had the same issue. I'm fairly comfortable rooting around on my phone and even I got a headache reading that thread so that most likely isn't the trivial solution you're looking for.

Angel no one is making you out as dummy so get that thought of your head first.

I should have been a little more clear on posting on the boards. Your in the right section which is Samsung, but wrong sub-forum. For your phone would be in the the Precedent section. It is the sister phone for your phone type.

everytime I search anywhere bout my phone it brings me back to here....

Did you format the card? This is typically not necessary these days; just sayin'

Rooted SGH-T999
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

I understand your dilemma, which is why I asked "why do you want to root". But I think the risk reward in trying to root your prevail is not worth it. You have a Scooter and are trying to get on the Autobahn. The Prevail has limitations; Hardware, software, and Lack of development support.

I would take a much simpler approach and delete any unwanted apps, clear your apps cache frequently. Back up your Photos, and music on your PC. Make sure the Prevail is capable of accepting a 32GB Sd card (I am not familiar with the Prevail). In closing, you have an affordable and entry level "smartphone" which has limitations.

P.S. - It is not always a good idea to move apps to the sd card, more often than not they become unstable and wonky.

Hey, quick question for those that used this method. (didn't see it on xda)

If I flash CWM Recovery via rom manager, will that raise my flash counter? Since there isn't a simple unroot yet, I don't want to screw with things too terribly much.

I couldn't tell if people were able to keep flash counter at 0 or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    i wish i could.

so io tried this method for the past few hours and ive gotten no where, i mean NO WHERE (boondock saints). anywho, i get to the point where it says

" waiting for device to be detected"

and I stop there. i installed the drivers straight from samsung themselves for the gs3. I can go under my computer, its listed there, SCH I535 and i can play in the card and phone directory,access it all, blah blah blah. but it seems the drivers installed wrong. i directed the search for drivers straight to the folder and sub folders the drivers are in and ive gotten no wheres.

under device manger theres the little yellow triangle! next to the phone and i tried re installing the drivers, uninstalling, downloading from another source, everything. i just don't get it. im stumped.

Also ive tried changing usb sockets, all three and nothing.

Specs,

Operating System
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
    CPU
    Intel Pentium @ 1.86GHz 61 C
    Merom 65nm Technology
    RAM
    2.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 266MHz 4-4-4-12
    Motherboard
    Intel Corp. Base Board Product Name (CPU)
    Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor @ 1280x800
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Hard Drives
    156.29GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK1646GSX (IDE) 45 C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T40N ATA Device
    Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

yes its a relativly old laptop running vista, no i dont have immediate access to anything running windows 7 that i can download onto (its blocked at work).

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapta619 View Post
    so io tried this method for the past few hours and ive gotten no where, i mean NO WHERE (boondock saints). anywho, i get to the point where it says

and I stop there. i installed the drivers straight from samsung themselves for the gs3. I can go under my computer, its listed there, SCH I535 and i can play in the card and phone directory,access it all, blah blah blah. but it seems the drivers installed wrong. i directed the search for drivers straight to the folder and sub folders the drivers are in and ive gotten no wheres.

under device manger theres the little yellow triangle! next to the phone and i tried re installing the drivers, uninstalling, downloading from another source, everything. i just don't get it. im stumped.

Specs,

Operating System
    CPU
    Intel Pentium @ 1.86GHz 61 C
    Merom 65nm Technology
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Graphics
    Hard Drives
    156.29GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK1646GSX (IDE) 45 C
    Optical Drives
    Audio

yes its a relativly old laptop running vista, no i dont have immediate access to anything running windows 7 that i can download onto (its blocked at work).

any ideas?
    Sounds like your missing the android driver directly. Open DM and clink on the yellow icon, select manual search, and see if there is android driver there or a Samsung driver for adb mode.

Sorry been a while since I've messed with the drivers. Could check the galaxy nexus forum for a better how-to set this up.

Well with a lot reading pc and phone stuff i have the smarts.. I have sucessufuly root my cell and I can say its very possible my phone is a lot faster and I have a lot more room future refrence (my backup) app for android is not a smart chioce.. But thank you guys for doing all you can have a wonderfull night

ROM
    i wish i could.

Originally Posted by Rapta619

Specs,

Operating System
    CPU
    Intel Pentium @ 1.86GHz61 C
    Merom 65nm Technology
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Graphics
    Hard Drives
    156.29GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK1646GSX (IDE)45 C
    Optical Drives
    Audio

any ideas?
    Sounds like your missing the android driver directly. Open DM and clink on the yellow icon, select manual search, and see if there is android driver there or a Samsung driver for adb mode.

Sorry been a while since I've messed with the drivers. Could check the galaxy nexus forum for a better how-to set this up.
    when you say adb mode what exactly do you mean. is there something specific I should be looking for? I tried searching the entire pc and just the Samsung folder and nada. This has me confused.

maby a specific file? I know what you mean about drivers, I do t think here's anyone that likes to deal with them lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    i wish i could.

nvm, while it was waiting I unplugged and re plugged in and it worked! I'm rooted! yeah!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Got bored last night and figured I'd odin back to stock and reroot using this method to get rid of all the sprint related stuff. Method was simple and quick and was re-rooted in no time.

Rooted and ROM'ed in under a half hour thanks!
    Woven Black Moto X - Best Buy Mobile Salesman - Avid Car Enthusiast

Global Posts
    1,564 Global Posts
    ROM

just rooted my device

so simple

thanks for the tip on the app!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast