Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 75 of 75
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Finished in about 10 minutes, awesome. Worked great!
  2. #52  
    Rapta619's Avatar

    Posts
    52 Posts
    ROM
    i wish i could.

    Default

    this is like the entry drug. This is the bath salts (lol) that will lead me to the oxycoton, hydro, morphine, comfortably numb that is beans roms. now I want to learn how to do kexec and have all the fun. but wait, here comes vzw with the rain to lock my bootloader. that's ok, where there's a will there's a way!

    Man root apps are great!

    thanks ninja for the bath salts.... I mean no Odin root tool!

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  3. #53  
    Kench33's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default

    What is kexec recovery?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Quote Originally Posted by Kench33 View Post
    What is kexec recovery?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    It's a specialized recovery that offers the ability to get around Verizon's locked bootloader and use custom kernels which is necessary for AOSP and CM based roms. Essentially it boots you into recovery, flashes the kernel and then boots you into the rom which is why you'll notice it seems to be caught in a boot loop but actually isn't.
  5. #55  
    Kench33's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default

    I read that you don't have to do that... Do I need to download that zip and flash it via ez recovery? Then I'll be able to flash beans or synergy?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    I believe you can flash the included 6.0.1.0 in EZ Recovery as that's what the beans thread recommends.

    Install Instructions:
    Step 1-
    Make sure u have a Kexec enabled recovery installed i suggest using ez recovery and installing cwm 6.0.1.0 and up
    Step 2-
    Wipe all(factory reset and davlick wipe) if coming from an old build
    Step 3-
    Install the Rom
    Step 4-
    Reboot and Enjoy! (may look like ur bootlooping at first but thats just kexec doing its thing
  7. #57  
    Kench33's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default

    Do you have to do that? Or could I just flash beans right away?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    yeah, you'll need to flash a recovery to overwrite the stock one in order to flash any roms. The root procedure just gives you root and the recovery needs to be flashed separately.
  9. #59  
    Kench33's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Okay question. Do I need to flash the kexec recovery zip after I flash beans or synergy? I tried flashing that zip and it kept rebooting my phone.
  10. #60  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kench33 View Post
    Okay question. Do I need to flash the kexec recovery zip after I flash beans or synergy? I tried flashing that zip and it kept rebooting my phone.
    You have to flash the kexec recovery before flashing beans rom.

    Tapatalk'd / Galaxy S3
  11. #61  
    Kench33's Avatar

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    How is that even possible?

    It says it does not work on full stock. Would I have to flash beans then flash kexec?

    Not saying you're wrong. I'm just confused with all this flashing stuff before I flash roms
    Last edited by Kench33; 08-01-2012 at 11:19 PM.
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    I think the terms are getting mixed up a little. You need to flash the kexec cwm recovery prior to flashing anything else. The recovery will allow you to flash roms and kernels and bypass the whole locked bootloader issue. Then you can flash Beans and the kexec compatible kernel that you have in the link.
  13. #63  

    Default

    So what triggers the custom boot screen that is warned about in the Q&A on xda?

    All I really want to do is restore my app data using Titanium or My Backup Pro and do nightly backups. Also, will we be able to unroot using this method?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  14. #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgalis View Post
    So what triggers the custom boot screen that is warned about in the Q&A on xda?

    All I really want to do is restore my app data using Titanium or My Backup Pro and do nightly backups. Also, will we be able to unroot using this method?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fyi, I have done the following :

    -rooted
    -flashed CWM
    -Installed wifi toggle

    For a couple days, I restarted it and never noticed the custom unlock screen.

    Yesterday, restarted, and boom. There it was. Not sure why it decided to wait a couple of days, but it did. Bummer

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  15. #65  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kench33 View Post
    How is that even possible?

    It says it does not work on full stock. Would I have to flash beans then flash kexec?

    Not saying you're wrong. I'm just confused with all this flashing stuff before I flash roms
    I would recommend flashing beans rom period. It's a very smooth rom slimmed Down for speed. Very nice


    Tapatalk'd / Rooted Galaxy S3
  16. #66  

    Default

    How bad is that though?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Having some problems. I ran RootDebugfs (twice) which seemed to work okay. Got the "0's" and it said I was rooted. Then tried Titanium Backup and BusyBox and I get no root errors. Admittedly I am new to this.

    Thanks
    Scott
  18. #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottgraham45 View Post
    Having some problems. I ran RootDebugfs (twice) which seemed to work okay. Got the "0's" and it said I was rooted. Then tried Titanium Backup and BusyBox and I get no root errors. Admittedly I am new to this.

    Thanks
    Scott
    Maybe re download the program. Wipe data/factory reset then try to root again

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    ya i need a good program to root my samsung prevail boost phone.. does anyone have the program email me pleas thanks..
  20. #70  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Can I root on my s3 without a pc??
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Does this work in any phones? Reply ASAP. Using prepaid internet.
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Is there anything like this for sprint variant
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Does this work on regular unlocked SIII Mini?
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Quote Originally Posted by Anony Mouse View Post
    Does this work on regular unlocked SIII Mini?
    This will not work with any recent Android releases, it's pretty old. What release are you trying to root? Take a look at the FAQ in the third post in the thread, and that discusses what you can root. The FAQ says it works on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0 - 4.0.4), but not Jelly Bean (starts at 4.1). It doesn't seem likely that you still have ICS? So most likely it just doesn't matter if it works on S3 mini or not.

    What Android release do you have on your phone?
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Simple Root Program. NO ODIN required

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    This will not work with any recent Android releases, it's pretty old. What release are you trying to root? Take a look at the FAQ in the third post in the thread, and that discusses what you can root. The FAQ says it works on Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0 - 4.0.4), but not Jelly Bean (starts at 4.1). It doesn't seem likely that you still have ICS? So most likely it just doesn't matter if it works on S3 mini or not.

    What Android release do you have on your phone?
    I have Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
    That is disappointing but thanks anyway
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

B