**MAC or Linux only.

Instructions:
1. Open this file
2. Select Root with DebugFSRoot and Do It
3. Select Flash Unsecure Aboot and Do It
4. Use Odin or CWM to flash kernels to your device

****Hopefully we will see a PC tool very soon. And we now have it for Windows

Window Auto Batch: 8.16.12

This was tested with a Sprint kernel flashed via Odin. Although the Sprint kernel caused the device to have a blank screen due to hardware incompatibility, it's more than enough for a proof-of-concept. Stock bootloaders will not let you flash improper kernels with Odin and will cause the device not to boot. This corrects the problem. I'll leave implementation to other developers. If you feel uncomfortable flashing this on your own, wait for your favorite kernel developer to release something.

Source Adam Outler: See post #317

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: [Casual for Verizon S3]:Root, Recover,Flas stock, and unroot

This worked for me to Root and Install Recovery on my Retina MBP with Mountain Lion.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Why even create a thread in the first place if he didn't want to deal with the questions or issues?

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Why even create a thread in the first place if he didn't want to deal with the questions or issues?

That is something you will have to ask him. My impression is that he is focused on getting the bootloader unlocked and does not have the time to answer "noob" questions (his words not mine). I suspect he does not have much patience when it comes to "noobs".

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Worked great for me. Had to do it twice. First time it went through the whole process successfully and installed SuperUser, but for some reason didn't actually have root access. Redid the process a second time and it worked.

Very easy. Took literally 4 minutes (and that's doing it twice).

allanmclovin

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Could someone with a pair of testes help out heisenburgers and anyone else that needed a copy by uploading it? I didn't bother downloading otherwise I would hook them up.

scooterd

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I concede there are more PC users than Mac users. That being said, we Mac users would like to enjoy the freedom of an unfettered GS3 as well. I missed the link before it was removed and would like to get a copy of the process if that is possible. Thank you in advance.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

It worked great for me on my macbook pro on my new lg1 firmware device. Had to get a replacement last week and finally got around to rooting it.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

MODS: Any chance you can update the title of this post to reflect "Bootloader Unlocked"?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

MODS: Any chance you can update the title of this post to reflect "Bootloader Unlocked"?

Yes.. but its better to show you ;) go to "Edit" the original post... "Go Advanced".. you'll see the thread title and be able to change it.. Save.

Just keep in mind there's a character limit for thread titles and you may be close to it.

Reactions: Ricky Babalu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz