Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Default Re: [ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

Had to pull the battery. Couldn't get the screen to wake up from standby, only the capacitive buttons would illuminate.

That, plus the annoying Phone Number and MIN unknown bug made me flash back to the VRLG1 No Sympathy rom for now.

CM10 was fast, but battery wasn't what I was getting on ICS.
    a little obsessive...
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Had to pull the battery. Couldn't get the screen to wake up from standby, only the capacitive buttons would illuminate.

That, plus the annoying Phone Number and MIN unknown bug made me flash back to the VRLG1 No Sympathy rom for now.

CM10 was fast, but battery wasn't what I was getting on ICS.
    Sorry to hear that. I just can't go back to ICS, Jelly Bean is just so good.

This is a nightly so it will be buggy. OP updated to show new 8/20 nightly.

thank you so much for this, i love it!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Any major differences on the new 8/20 nightly build?

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Is there a place where I can see what the new builds are adding/fixing?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

After updating to the latest build I've lost the ability to receive calls. All inbound calls cannot be completed as dialed.

I can make calls and text/use the VZN network though.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by frizo View Post
    After updating to the latest build I've lost the ability to receive calls. All inbound calls cannot be completed as dialed.

I can make calls and text/use the VZN network though.
    Yea unfortunately these nightlies are going to be buggy. I would recommend that you always have a backup ready and waiting to go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Yea unfortunately these nightlies are going to be buggy. I would recommend that you always have a backup ready and waiting to go.
    Unfortunately the back-up didn't resolve things either. Verizon isn't able to activate the number via their automated phone number or website. I'm in the process of reverting back to stock so I can reactivate it with the least amount of headache and at least get my phone working like normal again.

Once CM10 gets a good, solid, reliable release I'll go back. There's been a few bugs with CM10 that I wasn't a fan of prior to this (mostly crashing while booting up the camera). It shows a ton of promise, but I need a working phone more-so than a toy that can lose important core functions.

Live and learn, though. I have zero regrets.

So after reverting everything back to stock I still couldn't receive calls.

I called Verizon out of mild desperation and they ran through a few things and had me try dialing a few automated numbers and after a couple of them they tried my phone and it was working like normal again. The culprit? Somehow, someway, call forwarding had become activated on my line.

According to the tech he said it's a random bug and they're still trying to hunt it down. He himself had become effected by it a few days prior.

At least my phone's safe.

Global Posts
    7,669 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I called Verizon out of mild desperation and they ran through a few things and had me try dialing a few automated numbers and after a couple of them they tried my phone and it was working like normal again. The culprit? Somehow, someway, call forwarding had become activated on my line.

According to the tech he said it's a random bug and they're still trying to hunt it down. He himself had become effected by it a few days prior.

Is *73 one of the numbers they had you dial? That's the number that resets call forwarding by default

sent from my S3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Wow that's crazy. Honesty don't know how that could happen. Glad that it was something that was able to be sorted out. Sorry to hear about your problem though.

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

I've been running the latest CM10 since yesterday and have not experience any issues besides the minor screen flickering. Other than that, CM10 has been solid.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    I've been running the latest CM10 since yesterday and have not experience any issues besides the minor screen flickering. Other than that, CM10 has been solid.
    This is bound to happen. Some people will have a great experience while others won't be so lucky. My experience as fine, just had a random reboot which is kind of expected for a first nigthly lol. However, if you NEED a phone for a daily basis and it is very important that it works fully I would probably say stay clean of CM10 for now, at least until there have been a few nightly releases.

Edit: OP edited to refelt new 8/21 nightly.
    flash24 likes this.

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts

This is bound to happen. Some people will have a great experience while others won't be so lucky. My experience as fine, just had a random reboot which is kind of expected for a first nigthly lol. However, if you NEED a phone for a daily basis and it is very important that it works fully I would probably say stay clean of CM10 for now, at least until there have been a few nightly releases.

Edit: OP edited to refelt new 8/21 nightly.
    Agreed. I've had random reboots in the earlier version but this 8/20 has been very good. Can't wait to load 8/21 lol.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    Agreed. I've had random reboots in the earlier version but this 8/20 has been very good. Can't wait to load 8/21 lol.
    Start flashing then my friend :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    flash24 likes this.

anyone what notice the boot animation still shows cyanogenmod 9?

Also has anyone else's hotspot app been weird starting up?

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by BringTheRain403 View Post
    anyone what notice the boot animation still shows cyanogenmod 9?

Also has anyone else's hotspot app been weird starting up?

Yes, even when I had CM10 on Nexus 7 it was showing the CM9 boot ani... nothing to worry about.

Can't comment on the hotspot app since I don't use it... sorry

yeah, there isn't a CM10 specific boot animation yet so they're still using the one for CM9

Yes, even when I had CM10 on Nexus 7 it was showing the CM9 boot ani... nothing to worry about.

Can't comment on the hotspot app since I don't use it... sorry
    Yes I know the boot animation is no big deal. Just saying...

With the built in hotspot I need to try to start it a few times to get it going. It's really a bugger when it has to shut the WIFI off to start the hotspot...

ROM
    CM10

Running 8/21, LED is fine now , everything is stable for me, battery life is even better than stock for me once I changed the governor to interactive. The only issue is wifi hangs on Obtaining IP...and goes no where. With unlimited LTE at my disposal, no big deal for now, just seems odd.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

The 8/21 build is running well so far. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Thanked by:
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,737 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

how's the flickering data? Fixed with the latest build?

FissionMailed from N7
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast