Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Default Re: [ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

Fixed it

I wiped cache partition as well as davlik and reinstalled GAPPS and now all is well

DIdnt need to reflash the ROM or wipe data thankfully

Update
    **Spoke too soon back to grey guess i will try reflashing the rom and GAPPS**

HTC One X who?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!-uploadfromtaptalk1345652323062.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
    8/22 is running perfectly. Besides the NFC, seems like everything else is great.
    Cool...maybe you can chime back in when you get a little more time on 8/22 and give us an update...thx for sharing! I'm hesitant to leave 8/16 KANG...
    flash24 likes this.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Just flashed and set everything up. Ahhhh good ol AOSP. I missed you. All seems fine and dandy. Cupcakes and rainbows here. 8-22 nightly. Screen flicker yeah. Not a deal breaker.

FissionMailed via CM10 GalaxyS3
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #80  

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Just flashed and set everything up. Ahhhh good ol AOSP. I missed you. All seems fine and dandy. Cupcakes and rainbows here. 8-22 nightly. Screen flicker yeah. Not a deal breaker.

FissionMailed via CM10 GalaxyS3
    The fix for the screen flickering has been updated on the OP, potential fix for it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    The fix for the screen flickering has been updated on the OP, potential fix for it.
    I forgot to mention the fix for the screen flickering will "NOT" stick after a reboot, you have to go back in to the developer options and check Disable HW overlays again at each boot up.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #82  

Quote Originally Posted by ups2525 View Post
    I forgot to mention the fix for the screen flickering will "NOT" stick after a reboot, you have to go back in to the developer options and check Disable HW overlays again at each boot up.
    Haha yea I realized that after I rebooted. No biggie.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

I figured out that was what happened after I rebooted. Saw the flickering again and saw that the option was unchecked. I can deal with it.

Sent from my SGSIII

Is this a fix they are looking into including on future builds?

That exactly are HW overlays?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know how to disable the vibration when pressing the app tray using their built in launcher? It is bugging me!

Quote Originally Posted by kboss375 View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the vibration when pressing the app tray using their built in launcher? It is bugging me!
    Do you get the vibration anywhere else? Maybe its haptic feedback...??

Its haptic feedback for sure. I have just never seen it on an app press.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #88  

Under Settings>Display down on the bottom did you uncheck Vibrate on touch? Maybe that will help solve you problem. Not 100% on the stock launcher currently, running Nova but I can test it out if this doesn't work.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I was wondering if anybody has used the Camera in CM10 and how the picture quality is in comparison to the stock S3? I want to flash to CM10 but I use my camera all the time and don't want to lose any picture quality. Thanks for any info you can give.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #90  

Quote Originally Posted by fshnrob View Post
    I was wondering if anybody has used the Camera in CM10 and how the picture quality is in comparison to the stock S3? I want to flash to CM10 but I use my camera all the time and don't want to lose any picture quality. Thanks for any info you can give.
    Actually used it to take pics last night and the quality was still there. You just don't get all the features that come with the GS3 stock camera software.

Sent from my JellyBeaned VZW GS3.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

question about updating everynight.
    Do you HAVE to update every night, or can I wait a couple days in between updates?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #93  

Quote Originally Posted by kboss375 View Post
    question about updating everynight.
    Do you HAVE to update every night, or can I wait a couple days in between updates?
    You don't have too update every night. I know it gets a little crazy, I have seem some CM10 builds update 2 times in a day on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.

You'll end up nuts if you try to keep up with nightlies. Maybe once a week or if there's a major bugfix in the update changelog.
    sicario666 likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Has anyone had any issues with CM10 and GPS? I can't get a GPS lock for navigation. Rough location works fine.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #96  

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with CM10 and GPS? I can't get a GPS lock for navigation. Rough location works fine.
    Had the issue as well. It locks on but it take a VERY VERY long time. At least it did for me.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

You don't have too update every night. I know it gets a little crazy, I have seem some CM10 builds update 2 times in a day on my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7.
    I try to keep up. But it does get a little nutty. I had a data flicker on the 822 build. So I reverted. I may wait a week or 2 til I flash again. Sure do miss the speed and performance. Not to mention how tiny the system is in terms of memory use. The download was 750mb for a touchwiz ROM and about 175 for cm10. I've got the 16gig s3 so I try to save as much as possible.

Fission Mailed from GalaxyS3
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

I try to keep up. But it does get a little nutty. I had a data flicker on the 822 build. So I reverted. I may wait a week or 2 til I flash again. Sure do miss the speed and performance. Not to mention how tiny the system is in terms of memory use. The download was 750mb for a touchwiz ROM and about 175 for cm10. I've got the 16gig s3 so I try to save as much as possible.

I am currently back on CleanROM 2.0. Want to have a stable ROM for my vacation since I don't know what the WiFi situation is gonna be. Probably will end up flashing CM10 as soon as I get back. Why don't you just put the ROMs on your external SD card?
    Thanked by:
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I am currently back on CleanROM 2.0. Want to have a stable ROM for my vacation since I don't know what the WiFi situation is gonna be. Probably will end up flashing CM10 as soon as I get back. Why don't you just put the ROMs on your external SD card?
    I've already deleted apps and games that I don't use or play anymore. I can't figure out where the memory is going or where it is.

Snitches get stitches

Click to view quoted image
    I've already deleted apps and games that I don't use or play anymore. I can't figure out where the memory is going or where it is.

Are video and pictures you take going to the internal card instead of external (before the flash)
    I noticed there isnt a way to change the save location once you have flashed CM10
    Download the sandisk memory app, it will tell you what is where
    Thanked by:
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast