[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Solid enough for a daily driver? I'm looking for the best daily driver ROM.

I doubt it ... I'm running the 2.00 paranoid android and I'm using it for about 2 days and everything is really great other than battery but I'm still experimenting with kernels and what not

sent from my paranoid JB GS3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Solid enough for a daily driver? I'm looking for the best daily driver ROM.

I doubt it ... I'm running the 2.00 paranoid android and I'm using it for about 2 days and everything is really great other than battery but I'm still experimenting with kernels and what not

sent from my paranoid JB GS3

I would agree. If you need an extremely solid ROM that you can expect minimal bugs than you might want to flash an ICS/TW based ROM. Jelly Bean ROMs right now are still experimental and in beta/alpha phases.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Went back to using CleanROM for a bit. Like the stock look of TW without having all the bloat.

OP updated to reflect newest 8/31 nightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Still running 8-16 nightly and so far its solid....a little lag now and then on the home screen...anyone flash the new nightly and if so is it worth moving up to?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Still running 8-16 nightly and so far its solid....a little lag now and then on the home screen...anyone flash the new nightly and if so is it worth moving up to?

I flashed 8/29 the other day and I didn't have any lag. Just wanted to go back to a TW rom since I actually like some of the features that are here.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

resu_ruot

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the 08/31 Nightly and everything seemed to work fine except for a couple of things that I noticed: 1. The screen flicker (not a big deal at all really and apparently their is already a workaround for it) and 2. The earpiece volume is way too loud no matter what I do.

I flashed 09/01 nightly and I still have to same volume issues that are a deal breaker for me. I love the rom otherwise and if anyone has a fix for the loudness issue I would love to stick with it.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the 08/31 Nightly and everything seemed to work fine except for a couple of things that I noticed: 1. The screen flicker (not a big deal at all really and apparently their is already a workaround for it) and 2. The earpiece volume is way too loud no matter what I do.

I flashed 09/01 nightly and I still have to same volume issues that are a deal breaker for me. I love the rom otherwise and if anyone has a fix for the loudness issue I would love to stick with it.

I found the same issue with the loudness as well. I noticed it when you play a ringtone on full volume it sounds distorted because it is so loud.

The screen flicker has a fix which I posted in the OP. Have to enable HW Overlay in Dev Options.

Does Any one have a GPS issue? My gps will lock on but after a couple minutes it will lose the lock.

Can't say I have experienced this but I do not use my phone for GPS often. I used the GPS on an early build and didn't have an issue. I noticed that in the newest build (9/01) that GPS would acquire very quick though which is a good start.

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Man I want to flash something new but all these issues you guys are having with the new nightlies makes me want to stay on 8-16...I'm not experiencing anything bad besides Apollo crashing time to time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Man I want to flash something new but all these issues you guys are having with the new nightlies makes me want to stay on 8-16...I'm not experiencing anything bad besides Apollo crashing time to time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Stick with it then lol. I am waiting for a RC to come out before I go back to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2