[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Ehhhhh. Yeah. Tw ROM. Beanstock. So I have to flash the stock rooted rom then backup my imei from there?

FissionMailed from N7

That's what I ended up doing. I wasn't running a ROM but had deleted a bunch of crap from my phone after I rooted. Didn't work until I flashed the stock, rooted image in Odin.

Sent from my SGSIII

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
That's what I ended up doing. I wasn't running a ROM but had deleted a bunch of crap from my phone after I rooted. Didn't work until I flashed the stock, rooted image in Odin.

Sent from my SGSIII

I'm feeling a little on the lazy side to do that right now. I know imei loss is a hit or miss. I'll just tackle it tomorrow. Thanks for the pointers NJAP

FissionMailed from N7

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
To fix the glitch...select menu soft key, select system settings, under system select developer options, select/check disable HW overlays...all better!

Awesome bro thanks for posting this, going to add to OP!

I have tried every ROM and IMO the smoothest, most stable available is d2vzw-CM10-invisiblek-KANG-08-16-2012-1820.zip found here Goo.im Downloads - Browsing cm10.unofficial.nightlies I have tried the nightlies and had problems with them. I keep doing a complete wipe and going back to KANG 8-16 which to this day I haven't had a single issue with.

Yea there are a couple Kangs of CM10. My personal favorite Kang is JellyBro. They are usually pretty good, on my N7 JellyBro is the best.

Updated OP to reflect new nightly... 8/22

jackdunhill

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I might try that ROM, so far CM10 is great but for some reason my gmail and google voice arent pushing. I have to go in and refresh to see new messages in both.

Is the 4g icon supposed to be grey on this? the data is working but it is blue on my other ICS devices

flash24

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I might try that ROM, so far CM10 is great but for some reason my gmail and google voice arent pushing. I have to go in and refresh to see new messages in both.

Is the 4g icon supposed to be grey on this? the data is working but it is blue on my other ICS devices

NotJustAPhone is right, it is suppose to be blue.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
My signal icon is blue with both 3G and LTE. Grey means you're connected to the network. Blue means you're also connected to Google's servers.

Sent from my SGSIII

jackdunhill

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting thanks! not being connected to google services would explain why my emails and google voice need to be refreshed manually.

Anyone know the fix?

I tried reflashing GAPPS but still grey

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Interesting thanks! not being connected to google services would explain why my emails and google voice need to be refreshed manually.

Anyone know the fix?

I tried reflashing GAPPS but still grey

I assume that you've tried rebooting the phone to restore the link.

Try deleting app data and app cache for Gmail and Google Voice. If that doesn't work, try reflashing the ROM after wiping cache and Dalvik. You'll need to flash Gapps after flashing the ROM.

Sent from my SGSIII

jackdunhill

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Fixed it

I wiped cache partition as well as davlik and reinstalled GAPPS and now all is well

DIdnt need to reflash the ROM or wipe data thankfully

Update
**Spoke too soon back to grey guess i will try reflashing the rom and GAPPS**

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed and set everything up. Ahhhh good ol AOSP. I missed you. All seems fine and dandy. Cupcakes and rainbows here. 8-22 nightly. Screen flicker yeah. Not a deal breaker.

FissionMailed via CM10 GalaxyS3

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed and set everything up. Ahhhh good ol AOSP. I missed you. All seems fine and dandy. Cupcakes and rainbows here. 8-22 nightly. Screen flicker yeah. Not a deal breaker.

FissionMailed via CM10 GalaxyS3

The fix for the screen flickering has been updated on the OP, potential fix for it.

Reactions: sicario666

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781