[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I do not take responsibility for any part of the creating, developing or promoting CM10. All I am here to do is post a link to where you can find CM10 Nightlies for your Verizon GS3. I also do not take any responsibility to what you do to your phone. You flash these ROMs at your will and there is always a risk when doing so. Please be careful and do so at your own risk.

Now that the Verizon Galaxy S3 bootloader has been unlocked we can get on with flashing stuff! Why not start with the official CM10 nightlies. You will need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to flash these, this is a non K_EXEC flash. If you are rooted, you can also download VZW EZ-Unlock from the play store and unlock your bootloader. Yea, its that simple.

Official CM10 Nightlies Link - NEWEST NIGHTLY: 9/24/2012: CyanogenMod Downloads
JellyBean GAPPS: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
CM10 Nightly Change Log: BBQLog - CyanogenMod Changelog

You will need to unlock your bootloader that was posted in the link above or follow the sticky in this section. Once you have an unlocked bootloader you can start flashing. Here is what your going to need to do:

1. Backup all your apps with Titanium Backup or another backup service
  2. Follow instructions in Post #2 to back up your IMEI number if you want to be extra cautious. Never a bad thing to be safe, especially with your IMEI number.
  3. Download your CM10 Nightly and GAPPS
  4. If you are the cautious type, check your MD5s.
  5. Boot into recovery (I use TWRP but you can also use CWM).
  6. Do your full wipes if this is a new flash of CM10 - Wipe data/cache/davlik/system. If coming from previous nightly you can dirty flash, wiping cache/davlik/system.
  7. Flash CM10 and GAPPS.
  8. Reboot and you should be good to go.

I just tested it now using this process and I was able to successfully boot up with the newest CM10 (8/18 at the time).

The initial boot may take longer than usual... don't freak out! When signing into Google on initial boot up you may get an error saying that data service isn't working. Again, DON'T FREAK OUT, connect to a WiFi network and it will activate fine and once you are at the home screen your data works fine.

As of this time I do not believe that market restore is working, I had to use titanium backup in order to restore all my apps. When restoring with Titanium Backup only restore Apps, do not restore AppData. If you restore AppData for all your apps, bad things will come. I only restore AppData of apps like games where I don't want to loose a save file. Aside from that, reconfigure it, it will save you a headache later.

POTENTIAL FIX FOR SCREEN FLICKERING: If you are experiencing screen flickering or at any other time while using your phone you can now do something to hopefully solve this issue. Go to Settings>Devoloper Options and select/check Display HW Overlays. Seems to work for my device currently. Credit goes to ups2525.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the ongoing issue of losing the IMEI number after flashing ROM's I will post this here for those concerned with this matter. I can state that after I flashed the first nightly I did not experience any issue with loosing my IMEI number but that doesn't mean you wont. I advise that you take every precaution with this since the IMEI is what identifies you on Verizon's network.

Here is a link to Rootz about the issue and what you can do to protect yourself and fix it.

I hope that this issue won't happen to anyone here but it can't hurt to be safe.

frizo

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I followed the directions to update to the latest CM10 Nightly and also to back up the IMEI and everything worked like a charm. Thanks a ton for this walk-through.

Reactions: PsYcHoNeWb

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I played it safe and backed up my IMEI as well .Following the guide in post #2 it was pretty easy to make that backup.:)

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Great post, but I think you should put that IMEI backup link into your first post/guide. Maybe step 1a or 2? ;)

EDIT:
Also, how is battery life on CM10 nightly 081812 compared to the stock rom? Thanks.

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Great post, but I think you should put that IMEI backup link into your first post/guide. Maybe step 1a or 2? ;)

EDIT:
Also, how is battery life on CM10 nightly 081812 compared to the stock rom? Thanks.

Fair enough, ill add that to the list.

Honestly, its still pretty good. Have no real complaints about battery life yet with the stock kernel that comes built in.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Also, what baseband is in the CM10 build?

The screenshot at XDA shows VRLF2, if it is at VRLF2, has anyone flashed the VRLG1 modem on this CM10 nightly?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Also, what baseband is in the CM10 build?

The screenshot at XDA shows VRLF2, if it is at VRLF2, has anyone flashed the VRLG1 modem on this CM10 nightly?

Yup I have. CM10 starts off at VRLF2 and I flashed the G1 modem over it with no issues. I am seeing slightly better reception and the phone acquires data slightly quicker after rebooting.

Reactions: xliderider

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Had my first issue with the 8/18 nightly. Went to use Chrome and phone shut down. When it went to reboot it froze on boot animation screen. Had to battery pull and when it loaded back up data didn't work. Had to switch data network to LTE/CDMA/EVDO to get data to work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: pbailey212

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Lol. Why does my phone have under Settings, About phone, Status, under My Phone Number = Unknown? Also, the MIN is Unknown as well. The IMEI and PRL info is there though, and I can call out and receive calls.

However, when I connect to the PC via usb I get a pop up stating that the Hardware ID is missing and that Windows Cannot Identify the device.

Does it sound like I need to restore the NV data that I backed up to save the IMEI information?

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, ive been using 8/18 since it was uploaded and I haven't had too many problems. I lost my imei and mms after a reboot but did some searching found out that you can get it back by turning off and on some settings in mobile network. I havent had my phone reboot randomly on me. The data speeds seem fine, and the battery life is what I was getting out of touchwiz honestly. The option to turn on nfc is greyed out, so i'm hoping that will be addressed soon cause I actually use nfc tags but it hasn't been a deal breaker for me. I'm loving having asop, especially jellybean! and each rom has it's pros and cons. Looking forward to continued flashing!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Why does my phone have under Settings, About phone, Status, under My Phone Number = Unknown? Also, the MIN is Unknown as well. The IMEI and PRL info is there though, and I can call out and receive calls.

However, when I connect to the PC via usb I get a pop up stating that the Hardware ID is missing and that Windows Cannot Identify the device.

Does it sound like I need to restore the NV data that I backed up to save the IMEI information?

Mine was the same way but I just got it work. Go to Settings > Wireless & Network > Mobile Networks > CDMA subscription and change it to NV. Once you do that, hit airplane mode and once the airplane icon appears uncheck it and it should bring you to an activating screen. Hit the home key and go back to CDMA subscription and change it back to RUIM/SIM. This fixed my phone number issue.

Precautions for Google Wallet?

Don't know, I haven't used Google Wallet for anything since anywhere around here doesn't support it sadly.

Hey guys, ive been using 8/18 since it was uploaded and I haven't had too many problems. I lost my imei and mms after a reboot but did some searching found out that you can get it back by turning off and on some settings in mobile network. I havent had my phone reboot randomly on me. The data speeds seem fine, and the battery life is what I was getting out of touchwiz honestly. The option to turn on nfc is greyed out, so i'm hoping that will be addressed soon cause I actually use nfc tags but it hasn't been a deal breaker for me. I'm loving having asop, especially jellybean! and each rom has it's pros and cons. Looking forward to continued flashing!

NFC I believe is a known issue and isn't a function in the current build. Maybe in future builds they will add it back but right now I know NFC does not work and CM is aware of it.

Guys this is what I used to get back my phone number and MMS. You have to do this everytime you reboot, but I heard the fix will be merged into the next nightly. So hopefully you can go a few more hours without rebooting!:p

xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] How to get your MMS back in CM10

Thanks for this, worked for me.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone's notification LED working? So far nothing triggers it. Avoiding Lightflow as I know there's issues. I thought CM had this built in...

Mine worked perfectly fine. Did you do a full wipe when you flashed (data reset and system wipe)?

Edit: Now that you mention it, I recently flashed a different version of CM10 an my LED does not work as well. Interesting.