[GUIDE] [MODEMS] VZW SGS3 (SCH-i535) *Updated 9/28*

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Going to start that I take no responsibility for these modems or anything involved with them, posting them here so that others can benefit from them. Thanks to invisiblek over on XDA you can flash new modems to your phone to possibly improve your signal.

[WARN]These files are only ODIN flashable files. If you want Recovery flashable files, head over to Rootz for the original thread found here... http://rootzwiki.com/topic/34053-officialmodems-vrlhe-verizon-sgs3-sch-i535-odin-or-recovery-flashable/[/WARN]

I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone and you do flash these at your own risk.

Original post over on XDA:
FLASH IN THE PDA SECTION USING ODIN
Always flash EVERYTHING for this device in PDA unless otherwise noted.

I will not promise anything as far as faster speeds or better coverage.

IMPORTANT:
DO NOT FLASH ON ANY OTHER DEVICE THAN THE VERIZON GALAXY S3 (SCH-I535)
Do not unplug while this is happening, unless you are in dire need of a paperweight.
Odin tends to seem like it hangs for a short bit toward the end of the flash. Be patient, it will finish and automatically reboot.
Not flashing? Seems hung? See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13

Latest one is on top.

I535VRLHE - I535VRLHE on Goo.im
From newest Verizon OTA.

I535VRLHD - I535VRLHD on Goo.im
Leaked from an ICS Based ROM.

I535VRLG7 - I535VRLG7 on Goo.im
This is from the first official OTA

I535VRLG1 - I535VRLG1 on Goo.im
This is from the unreleased original OTA

I535VRLF2 - I535VRLF2 on Goo.im
This is the original shipped modem

I535VRLEC - I535VRLEC on Goo.im
This is from a leaked pre-release version of our phone

FAQ:
Q: Should I flash this in clockworkmod?
A: No, read this entire post before trying anything.

Q: Should I flash this in the Phone section in Odin?
A: No, see previous answer.

Q: Can I flash this if I am running an AOSP rom? (CM9,CM10, AOKP, etc)
A: Yes, this is not dependent on what your phone is running.

Q: Do I need to be rooted to install this?
A: No

Q: Will this wipe my data?
A: No, it will ONLY update your baseband, nothing else. Everything in your ROM should act just as it has.

Q: How can I check that it's been updated?
A: Go to Settings > About Device > Baseband version

Source: [OFFICIAL][MODEMS] Verizon SGS3 (SCH-I535) - xda-developers

All credit goes to invisiblek for his work.

[INFO]I have not tested the newest HD modem. I am currently running G7 modems from the latest OTA and have not had 1 issues with radios. Flashed with ODIN and worked perfectly fine.[/INFO]

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE] [MODEMS] VZW SGS3 (SCH-i535)

Nope, not at all. Was just curious.

Liked the phone but now that the bootloader is unlocked, love it ;). Made money on the deal since he gave me the phone in return for repairing his computer. Apparently he liked his iPhone more and it took him more than 2 weeks to decide that.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Sweet...........Looks like you got a great deal on the S3, followed by the news of an unlocked bootloader......What could be better!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't say a lot but it was a slight improvement. Biggest thing that I noticed was that after a reboot or turning airplane mode on/off it acquired a signal quicker.

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
After i flashed this a lot of my friends are receiving multiple same text messages.. Is that suppose to happen? My reception did get better though =)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

After i flashed this a lot of my friends are receiving multiple same text messages.. Is that suppose to happen? My reception did get better though =)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Multiple text messages? After I flashed this my phone continued to work like normal. Just a coincidence that while he was flashing a couple people sent him texts or where these texts that he has already received prior to flash?

Krnmc

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

uhh i do not think so since my friends stopped bothering me about it... hm.. maybe they are ignoring me? haha ><

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

uhh i do not think so since my friends stopped bothering me about it... hm.. maybe they are ignoring me? haha ><

Lol I have had that issue happen to me in the past but I don't think it was a result of flashing something. Was he using a different MMS app like Go or Handcent or stock? If stock was it the TouchWiz MMS or CM10?

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon SG3 has been running the F2 radio from day 1. Sitting in my house, I've consisently been getting -111 dBm on my reception. That's not very good, so I thought I would try the G1 radio. Here's what I got: My reception improved a little to -106 dBm or so sitting in the same place in the house.

However, that doesn't tell the entire story. It caused a problem that showed-up on a Speed Test. With the original F2 radio I would get 3-5 mps download and 2-3 mps on an upload from my house. It was consistent running two or three tests in a row.

With the G1 radio, I got 11-12 mps download and a 3-4 mps upload. I thought that was great. However, when I ran a second test, it always went down. I would get .5-1 mps download and .8-.9 upload. All tests after the first test would stay the same - slow. it was like I was immediately throttled once the system saw I was running the G1 radio and getting 10+ mps.

I've since reflashed the F2 radio and everything is back to the way it was. Poor 4G reception and not the best speeds in the house, but it's consistent. Hopefully new radio software will come out to help improve my reception and perhaps increase the speeds at home.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon SG3 has been running the F2 radio from day 1. Sitting in my house, I've consisently been getting -111 dBm on my reception. That's not very good, so I thought I would try the G1 radio. Here's what I got: My reception improved a little to -106 dBm or so sitting in the same place in the house.

However, that doesn't tell the entire story. It caused a problem that showed-up on a Speed Test. With the original F2 radio I would get 3-5 mps download and 2-3 mps on an upload from my house. It was consistent running two or three tests in a row.

With the G1 radio, I got 11-12 mps download and a 3-4 mps upload. I thought that was great. However, when I ran a second test, it always went down. I would get .5-1 mps download and .8-.9 upload. All tests after the first test would stay the same - slow. it was like I was immediately throttled once the system saw I was running the G1 radio and getting 10+ mps.

I've since reflashed the F2 radio and everything is back to the way it was. Poor 4G reception and not the best speeds in the house, but it's consistent. Hopefully new radio software will come out to help improve my reception and perhaps increase the speeds at home.

That's interesting, I have honestly noticed certain buggy things with these new radios such as my data service will appear there but I would need to toggle data on/off to get it to work again. Could be the ROM I am running but I will do some testing. Thanks for bringing this up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37