Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: [GUIDE] VZW Galaxy S3 Flashing Guide

Quote Originally Posted by bigguh View Post
    I just discovered that the EZ Unlock app version 1.3 does not actually unlock the bootloader even though it says it does!!! I am trying to find the Casual unlock by Adam Outler as I hear that is easy, but I am not sure if it is actually an app or not...or just some script which I am not versed enough to use at this stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwoznic View Post
    I just dl'd EZ Unlock. When the app opened, it said the device was unlocked..so I hit Lock..it gave me a successful message.. opened the app again and said I was unlocked.. rebooted and said I was unlocked...
    Interesting... I had no issues what so ever when using the app. The easiest way to tell if you bootloader is unlocked is when you reboot your phone, when it first boots up it usually displays a SAMSUNG logo then goes to the boot animation. If it displays the SAMSUNG logo for more than a quick flash on the screen then it is not unlocked.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Just wanted to thank you for the guide. It made flashing CleanRom much easier than I thought it was going to be.
    Thanked by:
    creccaj1 likes this.

ROM
    CleanRom 2.5

Just had a few questions. Where can I download the TouchWiz ROMs from? I want to try CleanRom. And once I have downloaded the ROMs, where do I place the file in internal memory? Is there a certain folder? I think I have a 4GB SD card I could use as well.
    Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrooster View Post
    Just had a few questions. Where can I download the TouchWiz ROMs from? I want to try CleanRom. And once I have downloaded the ROMs, where do I place the file in internal memory? Is there a certain folder? I think I have a 4GB SD card I could use as well.
    Thanks for any help.
    I'm not quite sure where you could find the CleanROM exactly, but once you have the ROM put the ROM on your SD card by using 7-zip.(:
    I made a folder saying "ROMS" in my SD card so I know where to look. Easier that way. Then just install the ROM onto your phone using a recovery tool and WAHlah.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrooster View Post
    Thanks for any help.
    You can AOKP/CM10 from this forum, any other ROMs you should check out the threads over on XDA or RootzWiki. I also have a thread that has a listing of all the major TouchWiz based ROMs as well as AOSP based ROMs which is linked in my signature. Once you download the ROM you can place on your internal or external memory card, whichever you prefer. No need to worry about folders, just make sure you place them somewhere easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by The SuperUser View Post
    I'm not quite sure where you could find the CleanROM exactly, but once you have the ROM put the ROM on your SD card by using 7-zip.(:
    I made a folder saying "ROMS" in my SD card so I know where to look. Easier that way. Then just install the ROM onto your phone using a recovery tool and WAHlah.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Check my thread for the ROM listing in my signature for all of those good ROMs . I hope you mean recovery tool meaning going into your custom recovery and not using something like Recovery Manager. There is a big difference.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

ok - starting to freak out now.....its been stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen after trying to reboot for about 10 minutes now!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by mm1983 View Post
    ok - starting to freak out now.....its been stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 screen after trying to reboot for about 10 minutes now!!
    What exactly did you do? Walk me through your entire process.

i just rooted my phone and unlocked the bootloader than i went to flash cm10 using cwm i only got to steps 1 and 2 when i went to step 3 i didnt see any of those options to do so the only thing that happened was everything was erased from my phone. what did i do wrong??
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue1792 View Post
    i just rooted my phone and unlocked the bootloader than i went to flash cm10 using cwm i only got to steps 1 and 2 when i went to step 3 i didnt see any of those options to do so the only thing that happened was everything was erased from my phone. what did i do wrong??
    So you can using CWM and you can't find where to go to wipe dalvik? Is that what your asking? Its under advanced options for CWM I believe its the 2nd to last entry on the CWM menu.

thanx i figured it out i tried using twrp instead and everything worked thank you
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue1792 View Post
    thanx i figured it out i tried using twrp instead and everything worked thank you
    TWRP in my opinion is better and little easier to follow. While CWM has been tried and true, TWRP just seems to work slightly better for me and easier to work at that.

How do you get into recovery? I'm stuck with CM10 spinning around on reboot for 20 mins....I can't seem to get into recovery to wipe and reflash. Help!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiden View Post
    How do you get into recovery? I'm stuck with CM10 spinning around on reboot for 20 mins....I can't seem to get into recovery to wipe and reflash. Help!
    Pull the battery, when you put the battery back in hold volume up, home and then power. Hold those until it boots into recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    TOUCHWIZ BASED ROMS (CleanROM/Synergy ect.):

If you have CMW 6.0.X.X

1. Select wipe data/factory reset, click yes, I do this step 2-3 times but 1 usually is good enough, click yes, let it run and go back to home
    2. Select wipe cache partition, click yes, click yes, let it run and go back to home
    3. Select advanced, wipe dalvik cache, click yes, let it run and go back to home
    4. Select mounts and storage, click format /system, click yes, let it run and go back to home
    5. Select install zip from sdcard
    6. Select choose zip from sdcard
    7. Navigate to the directory where you placed files
    8. Select the ROM file (ex: CleanROM2.0), select yes to flash
    9. Some ROMs use AROMA installer which allow you to select options, if so select the options you want, and let it install
    10. Go back to home, and select reboot system now and profit!

The hard part is done, now wait for your phone to boot. IT WILL TAKE LONGER FOR THE FIRST INITIAL BOOT AFTER DOING A FULL WIPE LIKE THIS. DON'T PANIC OR FREAK OUT, JUST LET IT RUN. Once it boots up, follow the on screen prompts to activate and you can begin to set your phone back up!
    I seem to be hitting a brick wall in these steps. I've rooted twice now. The first problem is that there is no option to achieve Step 3 when I reboot to recovery. I have no Advanced setting. I end up just rebooting the device, but it brings me back to the factory settings when it was new. Superuser and the EK things are gone. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I have the CleanRom 2.5 zip on my SD card, as well as KindaCrap Mods that Cyber Warrior recommended.

I'm gonna scan youtube for tutorials, but I'll keep checking back for guidance here.

I also just tried TWRP, and I'm not figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I've used EZ Recovery to reboot into recovery, and I've done it on the device, too. This is the screen I'm seeing each time:

This is what's on my SD Card:

Looks like I hit the panic button prematurely. I went from TWRP back to CMW and it gave me all the necessary options to reboot. The mistake I THINK I was making was not exiting the app before returning to reboot into recovery. But I'm obviously no wiz in these matters.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

I use TWRP with no issues for flashing both AOSP and TW ROMs. I personally prefer TWRP, its easier to follow and works just as well. CWM use to be the best recovery and only one but TWRP has become my personal favorite and in my opinion the best. I know that CWM has advanced settings, just didn't remember the actual name of what but there is a tab to select to do advanced functions like wipe Dalvik. If you don't see that, DO NOT PROCEED TO FLASH. Something may be wrong with the recovery you flashed.
    Thanked by:
    ThatsAngel likes this.

I am having a problem, after I downloaded the ROM (Cyanogen Mod 10) I unziped it on my computer and then when I put it on my phone, I went through all the steps and cleared the cache and everything. I cant install the ROM because it is unziped and you need to have the ziped version to install. It says when I want to reboot or anything with my phone that there is no OS there so i shouldnt reboot. What do I do????
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Quote Originally Posted by Sidhant185 View Post
    I am having a problem, after I downloaded the ROM (Cyanogen Mod 10) I unziped it on my computer and then when I put it on my phone, I went through all the steps and cleared the cache and everything. I cant install the ROM because it is unziped and you need to have the ziped version to install. It says when I want to reboot or anything with my phone that there is no OS there so i shouldnt reboot. What do I do????
    Boot into recovery, factory reset/clear data, clear cache, clear dalvik, format system. Do this a couple times and see if you phone boots. If you phone boots up then you are good to go, if not you will need to follow this... [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

My phone has been sitting on the Samsung title screen for a solid 20 minutes. Any ideas? All I did was clear data, davlik, cache, and do a back up. I haven't even flashed a ROM yet.

ROM
    Stock

So I rooted, used TiBa and My Backup to backup apps and data, then backed up the IMEI. Afterward I downloaded EZ-Unlock, unlocked the bootloader, and EZ recovery and first flashed the CWM followed by the TWMP (not sure if that's the correct acronym but it's what everyone recommended). Afterward I booted in to the bootloader and did the first two steps (factory reset then clear cache) before I realized "advanced" was not an option. I just decided to pull the battery and once again boot into the bootloader. Again, nothing had changed so I just rebooted to make sure my phone still worked. Now, it booted in to the stock ROM and I've since lost root. Anyone have any suggestions? On my sd card I still have CleanROM but it appears everything else is gone. Please help!
    Last edited by Wise.945; 12-06-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Tha k you for the posting of this info. Rooted/unlocked/flashed cleanROM onto my phone today with little issue (only issue was on me, nothing too serious). Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Interesting... I had no issues what so ever when using the app. The easiest way to tell if you bootloader is unlocked is when you reboot your phone, when it first boots up it usually displays a SAMSUNG logo then goes to the boot animation. If it displays the SAMSUNG logo for more than a quick flash on the screen then it is not unlocked.
    The guide I read to make sure and use EZ Lock version 1.2 as the other versions had known problems. Try downloading version 1.2 instead, I just ran this moments ago without issue.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and the guide! Flashed CleanROM 5.5.1 yesterday without issue and I am loving it!

i seem to be having some trouble attatching the cwm zip file to the odin pda box to flash to my phone. There is no options for zip files, only tar... Please help. i have already droped the team epir recovery from root folder in my internal storage. My appologies if this is not the way you guys intended to work. i got my info from QBking 77 through youtube and xda developers.

adam sprint gsiii
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast