Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Hello All,

    I am new to the forum and was wondering if you would be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Verizon S3. If there is already a post for my issue could you please link me to it?

    Ok so here is the issue...

    I was already rooted and rommed I used the one click root RootDebugfs.bat, and loaded the synergyRom. Everything was fine, loaded all my apps.... rom manager, titanium backup...ect. Then I decide to try the latest CyanogenMod that was posted on rom manager. I backup my current rom via clockwork, and then load cyanogen. Now when my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I tried booting into recovery, but the same message pops up. So I have tried using Odin 3.04 and 307 to try and load various pre-rooted roms, but none have worked so far.

    Would anyone be able to help me out with this issue? I there a stock rom out there that my phone will like? I just need to get back into the phone, I feel like it can be fixed but I am doing something wrong. Any help is very much appreciated... Let me know if you need more info from me.
  2. #2  
    Cyber Warrior's Avatar
    Robots Will Kill

    Posts
    8,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Try the stock ROM located in the green information box of this thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-sch-i535.html
    It puts the phone back to stock factory condition.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. #3  
    sparesr4sissies's Avatar

    Posts
    198 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    It sounds like you didn't unlock the bootloader yet. When you first installed ROMs, they were probably still using the kexec method of installing kernels, etc. After developers figured out how to unlock the bootloader, they started making ROMs that didn't use the kexec method, but needed an unlocked bootloader.

    I'd say your best bet is to start over from the beginning. Use ODIN to install the original stock ROM. Root, then unlock the bootloader. From then on you'll be able to flash away.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Try the stock ROM located in the green information box of this thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-sch-i535.html
    It puts the phone back to stock factory condition.
    That worked, of course it was the only one I didn't try. Thanks Guys, this time ill make sure to unlock the bootloader first before I start tinkering.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    ok so i am having the same issue. i can say however i WAS unlocked. I did it the NIGHT it was released. lol. i've been flashing the official nightlies for cm10 since 8/17 and i havne't had any issue. last night there was the 9/2 update i saw it via clockwork and i clicked up. it did it's thing, however it wouldn't boot. i tried using odin with a rooted rom and now i got the software unathorized message. i didn't think to use the stock rom, im downloading now. hopefully this works. i'll report back.
  6. #6  
    Cyber Warrior's Avatar
    Robots Will Kill

    Posts
    8,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Are you using ROM Manager to download the CM10? If you are.. don't. ROM Manager is known to cause problems when using it to download ROMs.. you could be getting a bad download or possibly something that wasn't built for a Verizon phone. Always go to the Developers web page (XDA/Rootzwiki) and download the ROM or any updates from there.
    Thanked by 3:
    Mike S3 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Are you using ROM Manager to download the CM10? If you are.. don't. ROM Manager is known to cause problems when using it to download ROMs.. you could be getting a bad download or possibly something that wasn't built for a Verizon phone. Always go to the Developers web page (XDA/Rootzwiki) and download the ROM or any updates from there.
    This is 100% truth. Recovery Manager is great took for rebooting in recovery and that's about it for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Help. I too got that Verizon error message. I was able to reset phone to stock. Now upon rooting I get stuck at the Samsung splash screen, just keeps going around and around.........what should I do?
  9. #9  

    Default "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Use Odin and start over. Redownload rom or ensure md5 match. Stock or stock rooted rom. Make sure boot loader is unlocked or using compatible recovery. I had issues myself and started over and flashed rooted stock, cwm 6.1.0, ez-unlock, factory reset, then flashed clean rom. It is awesome how market automatically downloads apps!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by Michaelp629 View Post
    Help. I too got that Verizon error message. I was able to reset phone to stock. Now upon rooting I get stuck at the Samsung splash screen, just keeps going around and around.........what should I do?
    As the user above stated, reflash using ODIN to go back to stock and then start from scratch. Check my Flashing Guide and it will give you a detailed list of what you need to do and how to do it in order to properly flash a ROM.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Hello guys I am a super noob at this and I am also stuck on the "System Software not authorized" and it won't let me back into the boot mode or the "Odin" mode the the instructions on rooting suggests. Please help.

    I got into Odin.. will try re rooting now.. wish me luck.
    Last edited by merkinla1204; 09-29-2012 at 12:41 AM.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Warrior View Post
    Try the stock ROM located in the green information box of this thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-sch-i535.html
    It puts the phone back to stock factory condition.
    Hi there,

    I have the same Verizon error message. I originally rooted my gs3 with a mac. So in your steps to put the phone back to original settings, your first step is to copy root.zip and vrale6 to my sdcard. The problem is when in connect my phone to my computer, it wont recognize as a storage device, so I am not able to copy the files to my sdcard. Any suggestions? Thanks
  13. #13  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    what if you are having the same problem. but u have a mac and u own the sch 1535 for verizon. heimdall doesn't work with that phone and mac osx does not have odin. i wish someone would have told me that it was gonna be a 2 day of not having my phone biggest pain in the *** process ever. i just want my phone to work again someone please help my email is jordanandrewbeatty@yahoo.com
  14. #14  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    I had the same problem and this worked. THANK YOU!!!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    I have the same error but I do not understand the above threads. I know my phone was unlocked by the previous owner but was supposed to be set back to factory. How do I get rid of this error so that I can do the update?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gregory View Post
    I have the same error but I do not understand the above threads. I know my phone was unlocked by the previous owner but was supposed to be set back to factory. How do I get rid of this error so that I can do the update?
    From your issue description it sounds like the bootloader is unlocked, and upon reboot after applying the OTA update you get the System Software Not Authorized error. If your phone is still running the Ice Cream Sandwich with a 4.0 number, then suggest trying the guide from creccaj1 [GUIDE] Restore Back to Clean Factory Stock UPDATE 10/23 You can check the Android OS version number by going to Settings and then About Device.
    If you're running Jelly Bean with a 4.1.1 number for example, then post back with what you find out. From there perhaps someone will be able to point you to the easiest way to get back to stock Jelly Bean. I've not had to do this myself, so don't want to steer you toward something I can't confidently reference (doesn't mean that there aren't great guides on Android Central or XDA; just that I don't have experience with that aspect of working back to a locked bootloader state).
  17. #17  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    If you're running Jelly Bean with a 4.1.1 number for example, then post back with what you find out. From there perhaps someone will be able to point you to the easiest way to get back to stock Jelly Bean. I've not had to do this myself, so don't want to steer you toward something I can't confidently reference (doesn't mean that there aren't great guides on Android Central or XDA; just that I don't have experience with that aspect of working back to a locked bootloader state).
    I am running Jelly Bean 4.1.1
  18. #18  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by duckface87 View Post
    Hello All,

    I am new to the forum and was wondering if you would be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Verizon S3. If there is already a post for my issue could you please link me to it?

    Ok so here is the issue...

    I was already rooted and rommed I used the one click root RootDebugfs.bat, and loaded the synergyRom. Everything was fine, loaded all my apps.... rom manager, titanium backup...ect. Then I decide to try the latest CyanogenMod that was posted on rom manager. I backup my current rom via clockwork, and then load cyanogen. Now when my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I tried booting into recovery, but the same message pops up. So I have tried using Odin 3.04 and 307 to try and load various pre-rooted roms, but none have worked so far.

    Would anyone be able to help me out with this issue? I there a stock rom out there that my phone will like? I just need to get back into the phone, I feel like it can be fixed but I am doing something wrong. Any help is very much appreciated... Let me know if you need more info from me.
    OK there neighbor i just spent 12 hours trying to geta straight shot to fixing my GS3 and there is a web site that will talk you right thru it all.. pay attention to the information.. closely... easy as pie i will post it right here if i get booted then maybe i can get back another day ,, heres the file or site.. "http://techngeek.tumblr.com/post/34829408088/restore-your-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-to-stock"
    takes ya right back to original stock .. happy hunting
    Raymond Daidone likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Bumping this thread...EVERY time I try to flash CM10 I ended up with this same exact issue. I had an unlocked bootloader/rooted phone. This has happened 2x before so I'm attempting to use an Xda thread I bookmarked a long time ago.
    Sent from my S3
  20. #20  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by duckface87 View Post
    Hello All,

    I am new to the forum and was wondering if you would be able to help me with an issue I am having with my Verizon S3. If there is already a post for my issue could you please link me to it?

    Ok so here is the issue...

    I was already rooted and rommed I used the one click root RootDebugfs.bat, and loaded the synergyRom. Everything was fine, loaded all my apps.... rom manager, titanium backup...ect. Then I decide to try the latest CyanogenMod that was posted on rom manager. I backup my current rom via clockwork, and then load cyanogen. Now when my phone turns on it states "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn off your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help. " I tried booting into recovery, but the same message pops up. So I have tried using Odin 3.04 and 307 to try and load various pre-rooted roms, but none have worked so far.

    Would anyone be able to help me out with this issue? I there a stock rom out there that my phone will like? I just need to get back into the phone, I feel like it can be fixed but I am doing something wrong. Any help is very much appreciated... Let me know if you need more info from me.
    "">>>>GO HERE<<<<< > http://techngeek.tumblr.com/post/34829408088/restore-your-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-to-stock<
    fix ya right up...
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    It took a little bit of digging but I was able to find a link for the rom by googling the website here is a 4.1.1 NON-SU rom that will "unbrick" your GS3. Unfortunately I was unable to find a 4.1.2 (There wasn't anything big in that update so I'm not worried) Just note that this rom is NOT rooted so you will have to go through that process again.

    http://s532.hotfile.com/get/ca7d8fe6...w_ship.tar.md5

    Enjoy!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Any one know how to do this on a mac using heimdall?
  23. #23  
    papa54's Avatar

    Posts
    590 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by papa54 View Post
    OK there neighbor i just spent 12 hours trying to geta straight shot to fixing my GS3 and there is a web site that will talk you right thru it all.. pay attention to the information.. closely... easy as pie i will post it right here if i get booted then maybe i can get back another day ,, heres the file or site.. "http://techngeek.tumblr.com/post/34829408088/restore-your-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-to-stock"
    takes ya right back to original stock .. happy hunting

    yuppers I hit that darned thing right outta the shoot ,, i figured since i was lock before i unlocked that i needed to relock.. never re-lock the boatloader after you have unlocked it... IT WILL GiVE U that screen OF Illegal files etc.. or whatever the darned thing says but if you've seen it you will remember it... just use the Geek site to rework yer GS3 . remember open ODIN in administrator mode.. thats something ever told me was a file i could use.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber warrior View Post
    try the stock rom located in the green information box of this thread:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-sch-i535.html
    it puts the phone back to stock factory condition.
    please help i cant find the information box
  25. #25  

    Default Re: "System Software not authorized by Verizon Wireless"

    Quote Originally Posted by duckface87 View Post
    That worked, of course it was the only one I didn't try. Thanks Guys, this time ill make sure to unlock the bootloader first before I start tinkering.
    I have a quick question. where our how do I unlock the bootloader? I have the same issue you were having.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions