Synergy 1.7 (r60 through 68)

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For anyone running Synergy, have you started getting system freezes and reboots? I was downloading the nightlies and it was running stable for me for quite a while until somewhere around revision 60.

Shortly after revision 60, give or take, it began to randomly freeze and reboot the phone. I can't trace it to any praticular app, so I'm just trying all avenues.

So, how's Synergy 1.7 working for you? The latest revision as of today is 68 where they're taken out some features that a previous revision added. Is your S3 working fine under that revision or one of the more recent ones? It will still freeze and reboot for me while using or exiting a random app.

Finally, what would be your suggestion, other than flashing back to stock. I really don't want to do that if I don't need to do it.

Thanks in advance.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
For anyone running Synergy, have you started getting system freezes and reboots? I was downloading the nightlies and it was running stable for me for quite a while until somewhere around revision 60.

Shortly after revision 60, give or take, it began to randomly freeze and reboot the phone. I can't trace it to any praticular app, so I'm just trying all avenues.

So, how's Synergy 1.7 working for you? The latest revision as of today is 68 where they're taken out some features that a previous revision added. Is your S3 working fine under that revision or one of the more recent ones? It will still freeze and reboot for me while using or exiting a random app.

Finally, what would be your suggestion, other than flashing back to stock. I really don't want to do that if I don't need to do it.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that tired r63 or 64 and I got a random reboot and noticed that the ROM would lag a little bit at time. Why I switched off and went to CleanROM. I like the fact that Synergy guys are doing nightly builds and constantly updated but no need to have a phone constantly lagging lol.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm just running Synergy 1.7 but not nightly builds. It have been rock solid with not a single freeze or hang up. It just feels like a smoother faster stock rom.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just resolved it after poking around a bit more. One of the recent builds included a new CPU Governor that they added to the custom kernal. It's named "smarta**V2" (took out the the two s). As soon as I put it back to "OnDemand," that was taken out as the default around revision 65 or 66, the problems went away.

Lagging wasn't a problem I was experiencing. It's got an overclock to 1.9, but I've got it restricted to 1.5. It was the reboot that had my panties in a twist since I was frightened in my youth by an angry Thunderbolt. :D However, that's resolved now by just staying with the "OnDemand" governor that was the custom kernal's default before it was further modified.

Last edited:

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how someone has just Synergy 1.7 but no nightly builds? I have 1.7 then at the end of the file name it say r66, it is the only time I ever downloaded the Rom so its the r66 version and runs perfect. The rom was in the from Sept 1st on the "latest build" link. Is that link considered the nightly?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how someone has just Synergy 1.7 but no nightly builds? I have 1.7 then at the end of the file name it say r66, it is the only time I ever downloaded the Rom so its the r66 version and runs perfect. The rom was in the from Sept 1st on the "latest build" link. Is that link considered the nightly?

Looking for a link, I remember seeing it at one point.

This should be it... http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Team_Synergy/Galaxy_S3/Verizon/RLS/Older_Builds/

AtoGT

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I am running 67 right now, did a dirty flash over 55, my only real problem I noticed with 67 is when I hit the power button to power on the screen there is a about a 1 second delay before it turns on or off. This wasn't an issue on 55 so I may restore my old build if the newest versions aren't corrected.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think I am running 67 right now, did a dirty flash over 55, my only real problem I noticed with 67 is when I hit the power button to power on the screen there is a about a 1 second delay before it turns on or off. This wasn't an issue on 55 so I may restore my old build if the newest versions aren't corrected.

If it's really 1 second then I can say maybe thats a problem but it more leads me to believe that the kernel is asleep or is underclocked and it is taking a second to rev back up to unlock the phone. Did you tweak the kernel in anyway?

AtoGT

May 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's really 1 second then I can say maybe thats a problem but it more leads me to believe that the kernel is asleep or is underclocked and it is taking a second to rev back up to unlock the phone. Did you tweak the kernel in anyway?

Nope I haven't touched it. I wonder if the dirty flash caused any problems. I would have done a total wipe but I just hate haven't to setup my screens every rom flash so I figured I would try it this way one time.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope I haven't touched it. I wonder if the dirty flash caused any problems. I would have done a total wipe but I just hate haven't to setup my screens every rom flash so I figured I would try it this way one time.

Try wiping caches in recovery and see if that helps. If that doesn't help could always do a clean flash.

If you download Nova or Apex launcher you can backup your homescreens so you can just restore when your done installing all your apps.

AtoGT

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Try wiping caches in recovery and see if that helps. If that doesn't help could always do a clean flash.

If you download Nova or Apex launcher you can backup your homescreens so you can just restore when your done installing all your apps.

I know I know I should, I just am partial to the touch wiz calendar, I keep dl'ing them and never set anything up.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I know I know I should, I just am partial to the touch wiz calendar, I keep dl'ing them and never set anything up.

Lol just a recommendation, I know the feeling I liked some of the widgets and stuff on TW. May just take you some time to set everything back up.

When dirty flashing, I would say your safe if your going to dirty flash say 71 to 74 or something like that. But a bigger difference like 54-74 then I would clean flash, probably a load of changes.

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
BTW, it looks like the kernal update in one of the later revisions was causing something of a problem. The lastest build as of yesterday (r71) reverts the kernal to an earlier version without the "smarta**V2" CPU Governor. It's now back to the way the kernal was when it was first added to 1.7 - not the stock kernal but the first custom kernal.

Since running the latest revision (r71), I'm not having any freezes or reboots. I've also got it clocked down to 1.4 on the high end and 384 at the low end. Everything is working as it should.

Last edited:

AtoGT

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just clean flashed 71 last night and I noticed in the phone description they list it at 1.7 (xxx) not (r71), thought that was a little weird.
Oh btw Creccaj1, I took your advice and dl'ed Apex so I could flash roms cleanly and easier. I found Pure calendar for $2 that has a good widget that can be modded to work like the TW calendar widget. So far this combo seems to make me more inclined to flash regularly.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just clean flashed 71 last night and I noticed in the phone description they list it at 1.7 (xxx) not (r71), thought that was a little weird.
Oh btw Creccaj1, I took your advice and dl'ed Apex so I could flash roms cleanly and easier. I found Pure calendar for $2 that has a good widget that can be modded to work like the TW calendar widget. So far this combo seems to make me more inclined to flash regularly.

I love PureCalendar. It's a great widget and Apex is also solid. Can't go wrong and now flashing won't be so annoying and time consuming. However, be prepared to develop and habit out of it lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy