Please help me set up undervolting/overclocking

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So I'm running CleanRom 2.0 and CleanKernel 1.0. I just installed SetCPU but have ZERO clue how to set it up... Would anyone be willing to share their settings? I'm interested in a bit of overclocking, but mostly interested in the battery-saving benefits of undervolting.

BTW, I've searched. The closest I could come to finding a guide was this over on XDA:

[GUIDE] Galaxy S3 CPU/GPU overclocking/undervolting (Updated 12/08/2012) - xda-developers

but it says it's only for International S3's. And knowing those have 4-cores versus our 2, I wasn't sure if I should follow it.

Thanks!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
So far I've got 50% battery with 2+ hours of screen time on 6 hours of discharge. Not too shabby.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

a-dogg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! So all you did was set up those two screens?

I'm assuming you lowered the regular upper limit of the CPU from 1.5ghz down to 1.3ghz just cuz it saves some juice and the slowdown is too minor to notice...
No undervolting?

Last edited:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Personally, Undervolting isn't something that I would really recommend. Underclocking or Overclocking your CPU is fine but messing with the voltages isn't worth it. You wont see a substantial difference and it could make your phone unstable if you undervolt too much.

Clock your CPU at 192 and set screen off max to 384 like above and you will be fine. I prefer noop scheduler, but CFQ should work fine as well.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You will see some power saving yes, enough to notice from day to day? Probably not. That is just what my results have always been. I usually leave it alone and I am happy. Boys with be boys though.

Reactions: a-dogg

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! So all you did was set up those two screens?

I'm assuming you lowered the regular upper limit of the CPU from 1.5ghz down to 1.3ghz just cuz it saves some juice and the slowdown is too minor to notice...
No undervolting?

Yup :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: a-dogg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton