Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SetCPU

I'm running Beans ROM build 11 and love it. I'm pretty new to overclocking so i wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for Setcpu values. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: SetCPU

Quote Originally Posted by kales002 View Post
    I'm running Beans ROM build 11 and love it. I'm pretty new to overclocking so i wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for Setcpu values. Much appreciated.

If I am not mistaken, Beans B11 has Lean Kernel 0.7. If so, I would set the min value to 384, high to 1500 or whatever integer is around that and governor to Interactive. Also, go over the profiles tab and create a new profile for screen off, making the min & max frequency 384 and set it exclusive and priority 99. Make sure to check off enable profiles on the bottom as well.
    Thanked by:
    kales002 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

TY Very Much

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Beans B11 has Lean Kernel 0.7. If so, I would set the min value to 384, high to 1500 or whatever integer is around that and governor to Interactive. Also, go over the profiles tab and create a new profile for screen off, making the min & max frequency 384 and set it exclusive and priority 99. Make sure to check off enable profiles on the bottom as well.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted and Unlocked Stock

What would you recommend for a stock rooted rom?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

You can't change the frequencies in the stock ROM. You would need a ROM with a custom kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by jrgonz454 View Post
    What would you recommend for a stock rooted rom?
    Not the right thread of this, more talking about Kernels but if you want a stock rooted ROM, I would recommend you look into Synergy or CleanROM.

Quote Originally Posted by kales002 View Post
    You can't change the frequencies in the stock ROM. You would need a ROM with a custom kernel.

No necessarily true. The new CleanROM has a built in tuning utility that will allow you to tweak the kernel. It was actually a pretty good app.
    1%er

Anyone use setCPU with the Galaxy S3? I used it with good success with my evo - many people listed their settings and over time I picked up the best tweaks. All I have is CPU underclocking at screen off and battery Under 25% but I feel I am flying blind. Perhaps the app is not as popular on the GS3.

Quote Originally Posted by paradroid View Post
    Anyone use setCPU with the Galaxy S3? I used it with good success with my evo - many people listed their settings and over time I picked up the best tweaks. All I have is CPU underclocking at screen off and battery Under 25% but I feel I am flying blind. Perhaps the app is not as popular on the GS3.
    I use SetCPU with no issues. Always has been a good app for me when flashing custom kernels. You don't need to do much with the kernel on this device, I usually change the governor/scheduler and that's it.
    1%er

Can you give me an example of your settings? All I have now is:

Battery <=25%
    Cpu 594 Governor Powersave

Screen off
    CPU 384 Governor powersave

Quote Originally Posted by paradroid View Post
    Can you give me an example of your settings? All I have now is:

Battery <=25%
    Cpu 594 Governor Powersave

Screen off
    CPU 384 Governor powersave
    Main Screen: MHz Max 1512, MHz Min 384, Set on Boot, Interactive Governor and Deadline Scheduler. Thats it, don't use profiles page.

ROM
    AOKP 5

Regarding LeanKernel... I've messed with it for a few days. Then moved to KToonsez kernel because I was not getting the battery life I wanted with LeanKernel (even when using CPU Sleeper). Now with KToonsez kernel I'm getting MUCH better battery life. Also seeing less random lag also.