Question on backups with CWM

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my GS3 tonight(first time rooting a phone). Anyways, i created a nandroid backup in CWM, when I go to the CWM folder the file sizes look very small. How big should the backup be normally.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my GS3 tonight(first time rooting a phone). Anyways, i created a nandroid backup in CWM, when I go to the CWM folder the file sizes look very small. How big should the backup be normally.

What size is your backup?

You should have 2 folders:
Backup = 21MB
Blobs = 1.6GB

Last edited:

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What size ?

You should have 2 folders:
Backup = 21MB
Blobs = 1.6GB

Thanks. That is the size of my folders. I originally did the option to backup to external memory card and I swear my blobs folder was empty. But I was headed to bed and could of misread something. I redid the backup to internal memory and it all looks good. I can move the backup to my harddrive and move it back later if I decide I want to restore the backup, correct.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. That is the size of my folders. I originally did the option to backup to external memory card and I swear my blobs folder was empty. But I was headed to bed and could of misread something. I redid the backup to internal memory and it all looks good. I can move the backup to my harddrive and move it back later if I decide I want to restore the backup, correct.

Yeah, the "Blobs" folder are kinda like common files that persist throughout the backups and the "Backup" directory are the specific changes (simplified answer). Previously, each backup would be pretty large, up to 1-2 GB in size depending on # of apps and such. With this newer method, the first backup is very large with the "Blobs" folder included, but each subsequent one is significantly smaller.

You'll need both directories intact on the SD card to do a restore...so be sure to back both up to the hard drive if that's what you plan to do.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Noob question: how do you check this folder?? Can't seem to find it..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Need something like Root Explorer or you can check it when you plug your device into computer since CWM saves the backups on your internal or external SD Card.

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the "Blobs" folder are kinda like common files that persist throughout the backups and the "Backup" directory are the specific changes (simplified answer). Previously, each backup would be pretty large, up to 1-2 GB in size depending on # of apps and such. With this newer method, the first backup is very large with the "Blobs" folder included, but each subsequent one is significantly smaller.

You'll need both directories intact on the SD card to do a restore...so be sure to back both up to the hard drive if that's what you plan to do.

Hi can you explain what you mean by needing both directories?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude