Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Srambo217
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Default Which is the best TouchWiz rom?

I know of 3 - CleanRom, Synergy, and Beans. Not counting the JB ROMs like JellyWiz since they have problems and are not as stable. Also Synergy ICS is no longer being developed, last build is r73 and he's now moved on to JB.

Out of these 3, which one do you recommend? Scott's CleanRom seems to be very highly regarded, but the other 2 have some nice extra features.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Default Re: Which is the best TouchWiz rom?

I would like to know also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

I liked them all but had the least issues with synergy, I liked clean rom but got more lag then I was willing to deal with and NFL mobile didnt work on it, I know there was a fix you could try but I didnt do it.
    I plan on using r73 for a while, phone is stable and only have a very minor lag here and there when transitioning between things and it is rare. My reception is great, every once and a while it takes a few seconds to switch between 3G and 4G for much better then anything I have used on the gnex, seemed to take 30 sec or more on that and sometimes I had to toggle airplane mode or reboot

Bottom line is try them out on your phone and see what one is best for you
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

If I was coming into it clean from stock, I would have a hard time deciding between Cleanrom and Synergy 1.7 (r73). I think both have a lot of happy users. In my case, I first installed Synergy and have been running it through a variety of revisions up to the current r73 version. I'm happy with it and don't have any problems to report. The email, apps, camera, phone, Google Voice and Google Now (from JB) all work great. It's smooth. I think the key for making it work well is going into it clean by wiping all three caches (data, cache & dalvik) and doing it three times for each, before installing the new ROM. I will eventually dump Synergy in favor of a JB build once they get a little more refined, but until then I'm remaining with Synergy 1.7 (r73).
    Last edited by rvhighway; 09-19-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Can't go wrong with CleanROM. I've yet to find a single bug. It just works.

The best touchwiz based ROM is stock/rooted

Runner up is CleanROM, Synergy is so-so. I've never stayed on either for more than a few days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    paradroid likes this.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaj6503 View Post
    The best touchwiz based ROM is stock/rooted

Runner up is CleanROM, Synergy is so-so. I've never stayed on either for more than a few days.

I agree! This is the first time I have kept stock on my phone! I love how it looks and the features that come with it. If I was to ever be become bored the rom would have to be totally different than the stock and really worth it for me to switch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am running cleanrom 2.1, clean kernel 1.2, and dirty tweaks 2.3. My phone is running like a champ and the signal strength and reception has been pretty good.
    sent from my awesome Galaxy S3
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

So its been 2 weeks and I haven't even rooted my phone yet! This is the first phone the stock experience is good enough for me to say that. I keep looking at all the roms including the AOSP one's, but they all seem to have issues.

I've been running cleanrom for a few days now and I love it. Pretty much just like the stock experience. Biggest plus for me is having the extra toggles and no constant wifi notification. It seems quite a bit snappier to me than when I was stock rooted, but that may just be my perception.

Finally decided to root my phone after 2 months of stock. Flashed CleanRom 2.1 and it's perfect. I get the stock experience with added smoothness and customization. Love that it's debloated, has the brightness slider, and can overclock to 1.99. I also got Google Now working and so far its amazing. Can't for for the official JB Rom to roll out with Google Now built in.

Okay, CleanROM 2.5 is pretty amazing.

I would go with cleanrom or beans. I believe they both use aroma installers so you don't have to install anything you do not want, i.e. more customization that you choose right off the bat before it is even flashed
    Droid Incredible
    Rooted with Unrevoked 3.21
    S-Off
    Skyraider Vanilla Rom RC3
    KingxKernal #5/#5 Falling Up
    Linpack: 38.66
    Quadrant: 1710 <--- now thats incredible