Verified Root Method for VRALG7 OTA USERS

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like XDA developers has done it again, recently I woke to learn that my S3 had updated to the new OTA update (VRALG7) and I had lost my root access for my device.... After searching for a method to restore my device to its incredible root glory I came up dry, some users reported that the GS3DebugFSRoot method would work but after giving it a shot I experienced no love.

Today I continued my search and came across a post on XDA from a user by the name of h3llsdr0id and there was a modified version of the original GS3DebugFSRoot method that was reported to work so I gave it a try and the setup works as advertised.

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY TO GET ROOT AND CWM BACK UP AND RUNNING (The Bootloader will be unlocked after this process and the EZ UNLOCK app seem to no longer allow it to be relocked through the application CORRECTION DEVELOPER REPORTED TO USE VERSION 1.2 FROM http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32456-app-920-ez-unlock-14-easiest-way-to-unlock-your-bootloader/ TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER but I am sure a update will probably resolve this flaw.

Run over to the post at *VRALG7*[ROOT][TOOL][2012-09-12] SuperSU_DebugFS: Root VZW SGS3 w/out Flashing - xda-developers and enjoy...

checker-perm_2012-09-12-20-55-19.png checker-success1_2012-09-12-20-55-27.png

Last edited:

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks like XDA developers has done it again, recently I woke to learn that my S3 had updated to the new OTA update (VRALG7) and I had lost my root access for my device.... After searching for a method to restore my device to its incredible root glory I came up dry, some users reported that the GS3DebugFSRoot method would work but after giving it a shot I experienced no love.

Today I continued my search and came across a post on XDA from a user by the name of h3llsdr0id and there was a modified version of the original GS3DebugFSRoot method that was reported to work so I gave it a try and the setup works as advertised.

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY TO GET ROOT AND CWM BACK UP AND RUNNING (The Bootloader will be unlocked after this process and the EZ UNLOCK app seem to no longer allow it to be relocked through the application but I am sure a update will probably resolve this flaw.

Run over to the post at *VRALG7*[ROOT][TOOL][2012-09-12] SuperSU_DebugFS: Root VZW SGS3 w/out Flashing - xda-developers and enjoy...

View attachment 38052 View attachment 38053

EX Unlock 1.3 was broken, the dev recommends using 1.2 for now which still works.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION EXACTLY TO GET ROOT AND CWM BACK UP AND RUNNING (The Bootloader will be unlocked after this process and the EZ UNLOCK app seem to no longer allow it to be relocked through the application but I am sure a update will probably resolve this flaw.

View attachment 38052 View attachment 38053

Wildman - Make sure to freeze SDM 1.0, so you don't wake up to anymore surprises!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I made sure to do that as soon as I rooted and unlocked again... Thanks for heads up..

---------- Post Merged at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Wildman - Make sure to freeze SDM 1.0, so you don't wake up to anymore surprises!

Yeah I made sure to do that as soon as I rooted and unlocked again... Thanks for heads up.

EX Unlock 1.3 was broken, the dev recommends using 1.2 for now which still works.

I am using the 1.4 build, it works perfectly but the developer disabled the status checker until he complete a few other fixes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non