Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Default Re: Best JellyBean ROM and kernel setup for battery life?

So you are up and running I take it. I've had issues similar to what you had because I had flashed the wrong kernel version so you are not alone

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I am running the rom but I still do not have the kernel installed I cannot flash any kernel. Can someone please tell me which kernel will work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by roilciuc View Post
    I am running the rom but I still do not have the kernel installed I cannot flash any kernel. Can someone please tell me which kernel will work.
    I'm not sure I'm running 1.10 just fine I guess try doing a clean install sometimes that works

sonnng123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    Just did thanks.....battery life is improved a good amount. I'm at 15 percent left with almost 17 hours and 3 on screen...better then the 8 hours I was getting on stock CM kernel

How do you set this "fast charge"?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by 07kngrnch View Post
    How do you set this "fast charge"?
    I believe you go into terminal emulator type ffc and hit enter or whatever and it will fast charge. This only works when USB charging though

How do I make the battery last longer with this kernel. It worked i got it installed! How do I underclock it or make the battery last longer?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by roilciuc View Post
    How do I make the battery last longer with this kernel. It worked i got it installed! How do I underclock it or make the battery last longer?
    You can go to performance options in settings and tweak from there I recommend sio scheduler and interactive governor. From my experience under clocking didn't do a ton its really good on its own. If you under clock I wouldn't go below 1350mhz. Honestly if my on screen time wasnt all from watching YouTube is get 20 or more hours out of the battery

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    I believe you go into terminal emulator type ffc and hit enter or whatever and it will fast charge. This only works when USB charging though

Didn't work.....or didn't show to have done anything. No biggie, just thought it would be a cool thing to do

First type "su"

Then type "/sbin/ffc"

I'm a noob but found this on xda and it worked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 5

On demand should yield better battery life than interactive. Conservative should do better than either of those.
    Interactive is too quick to jump up to the max allowed frequency. Ondemand is a little more lax and allows the CPU to sit at lower speeds while slowly ramping up to higher ones as needed. Then conservative is even slower ramping up.

Interactive will give the most fluid performance as the CPU spends a lot more time at max frequency. On demand is generally a good balance of speed and battery life. Conservative will generally feel a little sluggish as the CPU ramps up slowest of the tree governors.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

ROM
    CM10 M1

Quote Originally Posted by DriveEuro View Post
    On demand should yield better battery life than interactive. Conservative should do better than either of those.
    Interactive is too quick to jump up to the max allowed frequency. Ondemand is a little more lax and allows the CPU to sit at lower speeds while slowly ramping up to higher ones as needed. Then conservative is even slower ramping up.

Interactive will give the most fluid performance as the CPU spends a lot more time at max frequency. On demand is generally a good balance of speed and battery life. Conservative will generally feel a little sluggish as the CPU ramps up slowest of the tree governors.
    I've been running different kernels for awhile and I have to disagree. It sounds right on paper but if I switch to an on demand governor the CPU likes to throttle up and sit at highest frequency based on touch whereas interactive will throttle down a bit. I ran CPU spy for awhile to find this out. The difference in battery life isn't even that much different between the two to not use interactive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12