Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By creccaj1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Default Please help with EZ-Unlock

I posted this up in one of the sticky threads and have not had a reply so I am asking again. I have rooted my Verizon GS3. I downloaded EZ-Unlock. When I open it all I get is a white screen. I have no idea why and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm guessing I am missing something stupid, but I just don't know what. Thank you.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Default Re: Please help with EZ-Unlock

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I posted this up in one of the sticky threads and have not had a reply so I am asking again. I have rooted my Verizon GS3. I downloaded EZ-Unlock. When I open it all I get is a white screen. I have no idea why and I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm guessing I am missing something stupid, but I just don't know what. Thank you.
    I know this sounds stupid but are you for sure rooted?
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I am rooted. Good question though. However I never checked to make sure the app was given super user access. It's all working now. I was just being stupid. Thanks.

BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

When you open up EZ- Unlock you should not be getting a white screen. Are you still getting the white screen when you open it up? When you open it up it should look like this:

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Sadly usually its something stupid like that and when you realize what the issue was you want to smack youself. We have all been there :P.
    The sad thing is that I have been waiting for about a week because I couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I'm up and running now with CM 10. Loving Jelly Bean!

ROM
    CM10 M1

The sad thing is that I have been waiting for about a week because I couldn't figure it out. Oh well. I'm up and running now with CM 10. Loving Jelly Bean!

Awesome glad you got it figured out Jelly Bean is great!

Thanked by:
    cwbcpa 

Jelly Bean will never make you want to go back to ICS. I had it on my Nexus for months and it is amazingly good. I am running AOKP B3 with Lean Kernel 0.9.1 for testing the new AOKP out.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Jelly Bean will never make you want to go back to ICS. I had it on my Nexus for months and it is amazingly good. I am running AOKP B3 with Lean Kernel 0.9.1 for testing the new AOKP out.
    What kind of battery life have you been getting running that kernel and JB ROMs?

Quote Originally Posted by jlibis View Post
    What kind of battery life have you been getting running that kernel and JB ROMs?

Generally favorable results. JB ROMs will burn battery life quicker than ICS ROMs so you have to come and accept that, but the modified Interactive kernel that LK has seems to work well. I also use SetCPU to set a profile that won't let the CPU go above 486MHz when screen is off.

ROM
    CM10 M1

Generally favorable results. JB ROMs will burn battery life quicker than ICS ROMs so you have to come and accept that, but the modified Interactive kernel that LK has seems to work well. I also use SetCPU to set a profile that won't let the CPU go above 486MHz when screen is off.
    Alright made a similar profile I'll post a result tomorrow sometime of LK and Cm10 M1

can someone please walk me through the superuser way so I can no longer have the ez unlock white screen, im having a brain fart at the moment

ROM
    Stock (For Now)

I'm running CleanROM 5.6 (based on the on the latest Verizon released VRBLK3 Jellybean Base and De-Odex). In addition, I am running LeanKernel 1.6 and getting outstanding battery life. One of my runs lasted 2d 3h 14m, but on average I get 18h with 3.5h of screen time.